New Neutral card: Desert Obelisk

Unfortunately cards like this one always end up seeing play one way or another, in this expansion or the next.
And when they do, the first time you face them you re like ‘‘wow, what just happened’’ but when you face it for the 100th time you re like ‘‘Who allowed this thing to printed’’ :stuck_out_tongue:
And that s gonna be the story of dessert obelisk

1 Like

But it says if you control 3, not 3 or more

I wouldn’t think this matters. If I control four, then I also control three.

3 Likes

Probably, I imagine there will be much crying if anyone actually finds a way to make this work

Eh, the closest comparison I can think of is Star Aligner and that saw effectively no play outside of meme decks.

Star Aligner saw enough play to get Aviana nerfed though.

2 Likes

Aviana had it coming for more than just Star Aligner to be fair.

1 Like

If you control 4 you still control 3. 3+1 but you have 3.

2 Likes

Ooh, maybe they’ll drop something that tutors or discounts 0 attack cards. I feel like the shrines have been underwhelming and maybe we will see something that makes them more playable.

1 Like

That would be neat for sure.

Rogue has multiple ways to both copy and discount them. Problem is that even if you stepped/waggled them you’d still need 11 mana to play them in a single turn. Unless there’s a neutral card that discounts/tutors them, I feel like this will just be a Rez Priest meme. I guess we just have to wait and see. Sounds like a potentially fun card though!

This card is meme-tastic. Obviously a 0/5 for 5 mana is a horrid stat line and the payoff is too inconsistent to build a strong deck around it, but it’ll make for some good YouTube clips of people getting OTK’d by this thing. I’ll rate this card as a 5/5 just for the entertainment value I’ll get with the troll videos.

Meat Wagon stuck in wild feeling the disrespect!

5 Likes

Wut ?

People seem to be a little less forgiving here than on Reddit. This isn’t a meme card.

It’s what I like to call dumpster fire garbage. This will never see play, it’s the worst card I’ve seen revealed and I’ve been playing since TGT. This is just… horrendous in every way.

TURN 10
play dorian
cast plot twist
draw 2 obelisk… opponent ignores the obelisk

play both obelisk in hand…

HS is now a tower defense game

Costs 5. Its maybe going to work 1 in 30 games. Tier 6 at best.

Myra’s before shuffling and then Goblet. Obelisk + Recruiter + Goblet is perfectly 10 mana even without prep, but then you’re still limited to playing 2 per turn, so we probably should be looking for an option to play them for cheap.

there are already a lot of options to use this, specially in wild, but in standar also, not sure if in a strong competitive way but, you can pull it off

1 Like

Is that a new version? When you get 3 on board they fire profiteroles and ice cream at your opponent!

1 Like