New Mage Legendary Card- Khadgar

2 mana, 2/2

your cards that summon minions summon twice as many.

I.E. Mirror image, janalai, splitting image. Etc.

Seems like a decent card if you can run a deck with a high enough density of ‘summon’ cards. It seems to be decent overall but reliant on the other cards.

1 Like

Um…this will pair well with the Rag legendary…OH MY

5 Likes

But even one of them is enough to be nuts. Jan’alai and Power of Creation co e to mind.

Very good, not a slight doubt.

Someday I’ll be just like you!

1 Like

I feel like the card could be overated. Against aggro drawing Khadgar early on is pretty weak. Requires an extra card to get anything off of it. So combos will be really high mana costs. So again against aggro its trash. With 2/2 stats It wont stick for more than a turn unless your opponent has no answer. Against control it could have a lot of value.

1 Like

Man, this card woulda been great in an Evolve Shaman. Mass summoning Saronites, Dopplegangsters, even Spirit Wolves starts to look good if you can break out 4 instead of 2.

With the right cards, it’s almost a 2 mana Ixlid. The catch is Mage has rarely been minion heavy, let alone setting up minion combos.

If you can somehow get a Vex Crow to stick, that could be interesting. Khadgar, Vex Crow + Mirror Image makes a full board for 7 mana.

him + new 8 spell = 4x chosen 6 drop

Minion Mage could actually wind up being an interesting archetype.

Hello Hello Hello
Hello Hello Hello
Hello Hello Hello
Hello Hello Hello

Could be a thing, I guess.

3 Likes

Cards to consider with this…
Mage:
Mirror Image
Spellbender
Splitting Image
Mirror Entity
Unexpected Results
Vex Crow
Astromancer
Jan’alai

Interesting neutrals I’m thinking about:
Whirliglider/Explodinator
Violet Teacher
Former Champ
Scarab Egg (or other deathrattle summon X) + Knife Juggler
Mechanical Whelp (hard to pull off)

2 Likes

It’s got insane potential but very weak on its own. I don’t know its like what is the mage deck that plays this doing in the early game to get there is the biggest problem I see going forward. Need to see more mage cards right now I’m not 100% sold.

1 Like

Insane synergy with splitting image and jan’alai

Mage decks using Khadgar are probably the same thing in the early game as the Mage decks using Zola…

Playing some of their other 29 cards.

Or is there a new mode that you can only play one card?

I know Mage can rarely steal spells, but…

RAIN OF MOTHERFRICKING TOADS

Well well well! This looks like a fun card! Minion Summoning Mage seems promising with this card.

seems there trying to make a minion heavy deck work , based on what we have seen so far only time will tell tho…

Hey you guys asked for another opportunity to get Khadgar…well now is your chance