New Hunter, Hunter DK Cards

Rare · Spell · Festival of Legends · Secret: When your opponent ends their turn with no Mana, summon a random 3-Cost minion.

Rare · Minion · Festival of Legends · Battlecry: Trigger a friendly minion

Common · Minion · Festival of Legends · Lifesteal, Rush Also damages minions next to whomever this attacks.

Hidden meanings feels like it is almost always triggering the turn after it is played. One important note is that because its at the end of your opponents turn, you should be able to attack with the minion turn you summon it.

Yelling Yodeler is Shallow Grave on a stick that doesnt destroy the minion, so any good deathrattle makes that very scary (probably still worse then it due to it being harder to play on the same turn)

Hollow Hound can be really good when buffed. Deal 9, heal 9 for 6 mana can be really good in a control deck, maybe blood experiments with this. Might end up being a better Gnome Muncher.

Yelling Yodeler is unreal…

This saw play and was extremely good:

And the fact that DK gets this is just unreal.

What could possibly go wrong? Only

Going from 2 to 4 in hand. Then to 8. Then literally your entire hand full of it.

Even if you have 1 in hand that combo turns the 1 into 8. 1>2. 2>4. 4>8.

With a few more cards to do crazy things, it is quite possible Frost DK can freeze your entire board for like 32 turns straight if they wanted to.

7 Likes

Not impressed at all by those cards. No big minion support so this archetype dead.

Hunter has only one deathrattle worth mentioning the saber, but yiu need to dredge. Feels clunky to be honest.

Nothing here really wants to be in a hunter deck

These all seem really, really good.

Hidden Meaning seems to trigger at the end of the opponent’s turn, so the minion should be able to attack immediately? Extremely good. We’ve seen Hunter summon random 3-drops for 2 mana in the past, it was good then and it’ll be good now.

Both of the Dual-class minions can fit into Rainbow DK. Hollow Hound benefits from all the Blood rune buffs, so it’ll almost never be just a 3/6, but even without buffs it’s pretty good against aggro or other modest bodies.

Remember all the Deathrattle cards that DK got for FoL that never took off? Yeah…Yodeler is one step closer to Death Growl, Boneshredder and Cage Head being meta. Pretty exciting stuff!

1 Like

In wild hunter already had literally this minion for 3 mana, but it triggers DRs only once. So yeah this card i quite strong. Same for the other cards as others already said.

Some really good cards for DK and Hunter.

I highly doubt the hunter secret will be that good random 3 drop is random. Hunter has much better 2 drops like poacher or arowsmith. Why would you cut something from a face hunter to include this is beyond me.

Basically all the hunter cards suck

So hollow hound heals for 6 if i am corrct ?

Lol yelling Yodler seems so incredibly busted with frost knight! Biggest issue will probably be to have enough room in your hand to get a bunch of frostwyrn spells, but once that is figured out it will literally be freeze opponent for 4-8 turns without any counter!

its hydra and scalehide

Ah yes it can heal for 9 hp minimum if 3 minions are on board and yes it can be buffed i am picturing this in some kind of midrange beast hunter as a stabalising and healing card.

or any dk deck that needs more heals

All of these cards look fun to play. Im impressed. They all realy strong though. Hunter need something but thus might all be too strong. The deathrattle one I can already think if some broken strats for dk nobody is going to enjoy playing against.

You kidding all of tgem are trash for hunter maybe good in dk deks. But no viable hunter deck wants to plwy any of those.

All three of these could fit into a Big Beast Hunter list. Yodeler onto Sunken Saber is nasty.

Bruh, now that you mention it, I can’t get it out of my mind that is actually a carbon copy of the Zombeast made from those two. I wonder if Zombeasts are Undead Beasts too, then this would be perfect copy xD

1 Like

zombeasts are indeed undead beasts

i bet they looked at some of the comboes, and thought, hey that would make a cool card

1 Like

Oh great another 6 mana big lifesteal minion for dk, like blood dk was having trouble surviving to turn 7.

I’m hoping somebody better than me makes my meme idea of death growl naval mine DK work.

Double growl on a mine means adjacent minions trigger it twice
Yodeler on them means you trigger 4x the DR

1 Like

I’ve already seen people in Reddit talking about mine DK… ugh

Thing is, I’m currently messing around with it, and I can’t think of a way to use the new card to get more triggers in a turn

Currently I can in theory:
2 mines (2 bombs)
Pyro mancer to easily blow up the bombs
Spread DR twice (+4)
If there’s a forth unit on the board, you may want to spread the second mine (the one that has extra DR from the first death growl), so you get another +2

So that’s already 6 or 8 bomb DRs for 8 mana.

There are more convoluted ways to get more, but the problem I’m having is that against aggro decks, it’s hard to juggle between drawing (frost) and surviving (blood) when one rune is used up to run death growl.

Again non-aggro decks well they likely have 35 health +extra armor/health/healing so you need to juggle between drawing the combo and getting them low enough to combo them.

My heart hopes the meme becomes real, but my brain says the chance that it happens is not high.

1 Like