New Hunter Common Spell: Hunter's Pack

My first thought, “People are going to lose their minds”

2 Likes

I’d compare this thing to a turn 10 Omega Assembly. And if Reno-style hunter is a thing in Standard, this goes in it for sure.

And Zul’jin just casts it again. Damn, that’s a lot of power. Certainly ought to be able to go toe to toe with the other infinite value decks.

One concern would be how many high value, low tempo cards can you stuff into hunter before it becomes too many? Would you run this in a deck that was also running Master’s Call? That’s a lot of mana being spent not impacting the board.

1 Like

Is this a teaser for future cards,

• Hunter’s Bundle, Add 5 cards, at least 1 will be rare rarity of better
  • Hunter’s Mega Bundle, Add 50 Hunter’s Bundle to your hand
  • Hunter’s OmegaMega Bundle, Add 80 Hunter’s Bundle to your hand + switch your hero portrait to a new random portrait for this game only

(Hunter can also be replace with other class)

2 Likes

P2W Hunter OpieOpie!!

Very good refill / longevity card in pretty much any hunter deck. Between this, master’s call, marked shot, and zuljin (in any combination), hunter won’t be running out of stuff to play anytime soon. I’d be hesitant to call it a late game value deck since hunter typically can’t survive that long but the midrange will always have gas.

The thing is Hunter has good low cost cards that have very good tempo. The drawback is you run out of gas. This card keeps the gas flowing where without a card like this your just floating mana doing nothing with it.

So about Class Identity, Hunter has a limitation on Card Draw and Card Generation and they release this. :thinking:

2 Likes

But with Master’s Call, Shimmerfly, Marked Shot and ZJ, do they really run out of gas all that often?

1 Like

This is almost certainly playable. The hunter beast is the only place it can low roll, but even their 1/1s are good.

Just not sure what it replaces, since it is strong, but a bit unfocused toward any of the current hunter deck goals.

Why? They keep getting ludicrously undercosted cards and dominating the meta.

Blizzard seems to be moving in a direction where agressive decks never run out of gas. I’m not sure why.

1 Like

Good point. They want them to outvalue warrior removals. But this will kill any other control deck.

Well…

1. because hunter isn’t unfun to play against. It can be OP but at least they are playing the game in fact.

2. People wanted midrange to be good and hunter speciality is well curved minions.

3. Hunter decks goes to various directions without lose identity. Every class should be capable of that instead of nerf hunter.

2 Likes

Control decks that we have yet to see the tools for.

… they could also focus on enabling similar options for other classes first.

Overtuned classes are never fun to face over and over.
Not saying it will get there.
But Hunter will receive extremely good cards, overall.

1 Like

Well.

You need to do that one by one. There is no fast way and that means someone will get it first.

Shaman looks well positioned for control and I don’t see how this hunter card changes that. “Nice board you got there Zul’jin, would be a shame if it got turned into murlocs and roasted…”

3 Likes

I’d call it My face is already hurting.

I am not sure that is entirely true.

See. If Blizzard were not a small indie company, I would disagree with you.

But things are as they are.

Priest: 3 Mana for two cards that have no synergy.
Hunter: 3 for three that have synergy and have guaranteed face damage.

Blizzard balance department is at the top of the game again. What a jok e

Standard Hunter Beast mana costs (without including SoU, currently 2 revealed 6 mana Beasts):
3@ 1 mana
2@ 2 mana
4@ 5 mana
1@ 6 mana
1@ 9 mana

Overall, it looks like you have a good chance of getting a high cost Beast.