New Hunter Common Spell: Hunter's Pack

3 Mana

Add a Random hunter Beast, Secret, and Weapon to your hand.

Given the individual power of Hunter’s cards compared to many other classes, even random ones are almost guaranteed to be useful. This is going to see Omega Assembly-levels of play, and I dare say is probably better than Omega Assembly. This could be the best common in the set, if I had to make any preemptive guesses.

14 Likes

8 Likes

Hunter secrets are pretty good.
Weapons are solid.
Class bests are in a good shape too.

And for 3 mana cost? Bloody hell… Now I do not understand why Prep+Party were nerfed at all.

5 Likes

Damn. That IS a strong card, alright. Random Hunter Beast is pretty good, even if you get something like a Springpaw or Shimmerfly (especially if that Shimmerfly gives you this card back :stuck_out_tongue: ). How many Hunter weapons we got in Standard currently? Three with Eaglehorn Bow, Headhunter’s Hatchet and Gladiator’s Longbow? At least you know you’re going to get one of those three. Secrets are more random considering the larger number of them. But most of them are pretty decent. Maybe Rat Trap is something you would not necessarily want?

If only we had this card back when No-Minions-Spell Hunter was a thing…

That or EVIL Recruiter (3 mana, destroy a friendly Lackey, get a 3/3 and 5/5 demon). :stuck_out_tongue:

5 Likes

I’mma say this card somewhere between ‘darn decent’ and ‘holy crap’ levels of good.

Simply a random Beast would drag it down a bit. A random Hunter Beast makes this card much more interesting.

10 Likes

What the f***;

I like Good spells for Hunter; it competes with Lock-And-Load for my Wild Spell Hunter, tho; replaces, rather than competes.

1 Like

Auto include in every non-mech Hunter deck…

Worthy to craft in Gold too.

1 Like

Why is this 3 mana, when that Mage Tome from WotOG is 5 mana for 3 random Mage spells? Priests’s Devour Mind is also 5 mana for 3 cards from your opponent’s deck. Druid has Crystalsong portal for 2, but it’s restricted by not having minions in hand. This should be either restricted some way, or 4 at the very least, current cost doesn’t make much sense to me.

8 Likes

Shhhhhhh…

Let Hunter enjoy things

3 Likes

I can’t prohibit them from having fun in the first place tho. I just don’t know how they arrived @3 mana.

BTW that was one hell of a fast response!

Not only that, every non Mech Hunter is running Animal Companion; most will run Unleash the Hounds too, so 3 Mana is a rather weird cost.

I would still say the Obelisk is better.

3 Likes

I happened to jump back on and your post literally popped up in front of me lol.

Well yeah, obviously the single best card in the entire set is going to be better than some Hunter Common.

6 Likes

This seems kind of nuts. Unconditional draw 3. Even if its random the pool it goes from is all pretty high quality with few whammies. WTF kind of drugs are the developers on? If that And was an Or this card would make sense but getting 3 cards for 3 mana…

1 Like

Great card overall. 3 mana generate 3 would see play, and this tutoring some random cards makes it a bit better.

4/5.

This plus Master’s Call in a simple Midrange Beast Hunter deck is all the card draw/generation they could ever need.

I’m actually happy for Hunters for once lol

3 Likes

Not to mention Dire Frenzy making those Master’s Call draws much much better, and Zul’Jin on top of all that to reload an empty hand with nothing but gas. I don’t know if I’m happy for Hunters as much as I am terrified of them.

It’s all good, man.

When the going gets tough, the tough conjure some giants :wink:

Against aggressive decks this is a worse card draw. You’re getting more cards, but they’re random so it’s less reliable in getting the answer you need.

Against slow decks though, this is solid refuel like divine favor. What you get is random but whatever it is, it’s more crap the defender has to deal with. The weapon also adds more burst/pressure to help hunter push through against a slow deck.

So whether this will be run will depend how aggressive the meta is. The more aggressive the meta, the less likely this will be seen.

1 Like

Pretty sure they forgot Midrange Hunter was a top tier deck and focused on Highlander Hunter where this card is reasonable.