New Game Mode: Is it what players wanted?

Yes Blizzard, people have been asking for a new game mode for years, but I cannot recall ever hearing anyone saying they wanted a PvP dungeon run. On the contrary, I’ve read countless requests for co-OP/ 2v2, and Tournament Mode. Personally I wonder why there is no tournament mode yet, after all these years. It could be for both Standard and Wild with format appropriate rewards. I’m glad some people are enjoying Duels, It’s just not for me (or many others) since I don’t play Wild and Duels is currently locked behind a paywall - so pretty much a meh imo, especially for players like me. Not saying I’m in the majority because I don’t know that, but I do know I’m not alone in my opinion. A Swiss format tournament mode would be amazing. I’m honestly surprised there isn’t one in HS. There are many long since dead digital card games that offered tournament mode… What are you waiting for? Opinion: Blizzard is de-incentivizing dusting rotated cards, urging players to purchase rotated sets (see Mega Wild Bundle) and adding a paid battlepass for a more rewarding progression experience - which clearly shows they are in business to make money. That is fine, they are a large company who’s primary focus is the bottom line, I cannot take issue with that. I love HS and I am happy to support the game with my money because I really enjoy it and I think Blizzard does a great job with the game overall. BUT don’t pretend you are giving players what they’ve asked for while pushing them in a direction they don’t appreciate. Don’t tell us you have heard us and that you are now giving us what we want, because you’re not. I know people like solo content, and many players enjoyed the dungeon runs enough to replay them, and I hope this new mode makes them happy. However there are players who like the competitive aspect of the game, who are all about PvP, and no tournament mode after all this time, while you’ve released two new game modes in the past year, shows you are ignoring us. I’m not bitter, again I think HS is great and Blizzard puts out great content. Ultimately that may be part of the issue. Blizzard / Team5 are so busy putting out new, innovative, and interesting content that they have lost sight of long lasting features and formats which many players enjoy ( Tournaments, card trading, etc.)
Blizzard, I love this game and many of your other games, could you just please stop pissing on my head and calling it rain.

That’s the only thing I have been asking for your years. A PvP dungeon run is my dream. So there you go.

5 Likes

There’s already another nearly identical thread about this:

1 Like

Good. I hope you enjoy it. No doubt many players will. I suppose the real question is: If Blizzard took a poll from all players about what the next game mode should be, What percentage of players would ask for PvP Dungeon Run vs Tournament Mode?

I’m guessing 90-95% would prefer PvP dungeon run.

In all seriousness though, they have been trying to do a tournament mode forever. They have had internal build versions on them. For whatever reason, they just can’t see to get one that they like. I’m not going to crap all over anything not a tournament mode just because they can’t seem to get one up and running, even though, at least at one point, really seem to want one.

1 Like

Probably PvP Dungeon Run, because I’m sure while the competitive community would be using it a lot, casual players would never use it at all.

1 Like

Fair point. That’s one thing that makes HS a great game, something for everyone.

1 Like

I’m cautiously optimistic. As far as I can see, it is like a somewhat better version of Arena. Arenas suck because they feel constantly like every opponent has a perfectly tuned, totally synergistic deck while you end up with a mismatched pile of 3 or 4 different themes that random chance kept changing on you mid-stream during the draft. The Duel sounds Arena-like, but seems (on paper) to have a better chance to keep players roughly equivalent rather than normal Arenas which always seem so lopsided.

Players wanted tournament mode since day 1. So NO.

1 Like

I agree. I think Players have been asking for a way to duel somewhat like they do in WoW but I have to say this new mode? isn’t it.

Ah, well maybe one day we will get a tournament mode. I just don’t understand what’s taking so long. Again, other ccg have swiss tournaments.

Also, not crapping on the new mode, I haven’t played it yet. I guess all I can say is I was a bit surprised that Duels was the new mode. Obviously there are players like you who will enjoy Duels, and I’m glad for that. However, I follow competitive HS all over the web and I’ve seen many requests for a simple tournament format, not PvP dungeon run.

I once asked atleast for a tavern brawl with this idea . Btw i wannted the op treassures not those cheap one .

3 Likes

Honestly a PvP dungeon run seems infinitely more interesting than a tournament mode.

1 Like

Honestly it is a PVP format with monthly set rotation.

Many asked that. I too.

We for sure got more than we asked for and only time will they if that is good or bad.

1 Like