New expansion teaser trailer, no title yet

Looks like we have our first little teaser toward next expansion. Notice that the backs of her tarot cards also match the purple cardback shown in the Year of The Dragon announcement.

The pack art (presumably from the next expansion) matches her tarot cards, as I’ve highlighted here:
Imgur

5 Likes

I’m not going to speculate on the location or theme a ton because I don’t know the WoW lore like others, here are my two observations:

1. Same troll Voodoo Doc that was in WotOG trailer. I’m sure that means something.

2. She mentions “scryin’” and references her crystal ball and seeing the future. I’m going to go out on a limb/wild guess that will probably be wrong but I wonder if the new mechanic in this expansion could be scry from Magic.

Scry: Look at the top X cards in your deck (usually one) and place it on either the top or bottom of your deck.

Scry could work decently well in HS and would probably not be difficult to code, add too much clutter on mobile, and I don’t think would break Standard a ton. I’d be a tad concerned in Wild with a scry ability but in Standard I think it would be fine.

8 Likes

I’d love to see scry in HS but I doubt the devs would lift a mechanic directly from Magic utilising the same term.

7 Likes

plz, no more troll themes, we just had rr

Looks like the old hag from the wotog trailer.
Maybe some dark themed expansions?

5 Likes

The first takeaway I get from the trailer is that we may have just been glimpsed a preview of the new hero card. There’s no way to be sure but if the set theme is a mystic one it’s certainly possible. And is that a goblin PRIEST I’m seeing?!? Priests and fortunetellers are highly synonymous. I’d be so glad to see a priest hero card right about now. With the rotation it would really be a welcome addition. My fingers are sooo crossed.

This has nothing to do with exp itself despite of have the same theme

The 3 exps will be part of a history and this is the teaser of the free chapter of PvE. The teaser for act 1.

I was wondering the exact same thing. I kinda hope they plan on implementing a better mechanic. “Recruit” is leaving standard, and I suppose the game needs more card draw mechanics. Scry just seems a bit slow for Hearthstone.

1 Like

in the trailer…
Card1 Crystal ball --> Reveal your opponent’s hand?
Card2 Scale with candle and coins -->[Druid Card?] Choose one: 1 empty mana crystal or 1 coin

1 Like

I’m getting a pretty clear Violet Eye from that glowy tarot card.

2 Likes

According to the voiceover, this whole thing is about putting together a “team” of schemers.

She flips over the card with the eye and identifies it as herself “it’s my own crystal ball, I’ll answer the call”. The only reasonable way to interpret this is that the troll woman is accepting her invitation to the team.

The second would probably represent the second member of the team. The card has a crown, candles, a pile of coins, and stalactites popping out of the ceiling. Togwaggle fits this perfectly and is a “schemer”

There’s three cards that haven’t been flipped but they probably represent three more members of a 5man team.

7 Likes

5 man team, 5 wings in the adventure… 5 final bosses?

4 Likes

That’s pretty racist man.

1 Like

That doesn’t look like a Violet Eye (is there any eye symbol similar to it in WoW? it looks oddly familiar but I probably might be thinking eye of horus or something).

I kinda agree with other people’s speculation that it will be something about Dalaran. Violet Hold (the prison in Dalaran) was my speculation. Don’t know the lore behind Legion’s VH, but WotLK’s VH had some Blue dragonflight (Year of the Dragon so) locked inside it, and other Blue dragonflight trying to break them free. Maybe the fortune teller’s scheme is to gather a team to raid VH and break free whoever is inside?

2 Likes

We all would love to see the new Priest Hero: The Honest Priest.
A completely new concept in HS that we would all support.