New card type next expansion, according to Iksar QnA

https ://outof.cards/hearthstone/4922-dean-ayalas-hearthstone-qa-recap-44-alternate-art-dr-boom-dungeon-run-tough-weapon-designs-more

Very curious about what it would be? Maybe something like MTG Planeswalkers, permanent enchantments or equipment artifacts in hearthstone.

1 Like

Equipment or trinkets imo

2 Likes

How would that work. Unless they are severely overcosted being able to equip something on a minion again and again seems extremely overpowered. The cards might be too complicated if they have equip costs. And the UI that goes with it? It’ll be an absolute nightmare reading it.
I’m betting on something like planeswalkers in MTG, where you have abilities that add or subtract “health” from a card, and with more “health” it can use it to activate stronger and stronger abilities.

I will add to the speculation: Locations (like the Juggernaut and Imp Portals) I know, we get these via Quests.

Formalizing these as a card type means that tech cards could potentially be introduced to react to them.

1 Like

Gacha card type. Inspired by diablo immortal

They will introduce a way for you to spend money in middle of a match.

When you play gacha card it prompts you spend The more you spend, the stronger or better the gacha card becomes.

Well, the CHANCE for it to be better. It is gacha after all

People have been accusing HS being p2w on and off for years. Let’s make good on that

4 Likes

Please don’t give them ideas?

1 Like

In the pay to win lane… expendable cards… sit outside your 30 card deck, have a single use, have a big power, and once you play one it’s dusted.

… or it’s added to your opponent’s collection.

I was talking more equipping your hero, similar to weapons.

We have weapons, it makes sense if we had other things like shields, helmets, etc.

Yeah, I’m guessing an armor slot. Although they seem to like the libram-like effects enough to have repeated and buffed them with serpent wig. So maybe MTG style equipment is an option. I think if it gets silenced, it’ll be fine, power level wise.

Doesn’t look like something that weapons aren’t already doing.
But I think a good mechanic is something that impacts the game permanently in the long run and doesn’t get easily removed with a couple of spells. Maybe terrains or enchantments.

Well you wouldn’t be able to silence an armor slot just like you can’t silence a weapon.

They would obviously have to have equipment removal of some sorts.

I think this is a big undertaking, so my guess is that they are going to go a little cheaper and easier for a new card type, and that would be something like a trinket. Something simple that only adds a benefit for the remainder of the game but can’t be removed.

Although, if I was designing things and needed to come up with an idea, I would add a “Profession” card type. Blacksmith, Alchemist, etc something similar to what’s in WoW. These would be cards you play and they get added to your hero portrait and give you a benefit for the remainder of the game.

For example, Blacksmith 4 mana (or whatever) your weapons have +1/+1 for the remainder of the game.

And they said the card type this time is a completely new different thing like heroes were. So not just unique spells, but something that works fundamentally different in the game.
But like with everything else they design, this new card type will probably be broken and every deck will run tons of them until the mechanic is nerfed and most of them are dead and no longer see play.

2 Likes

Ah yes, because after Frozen Throne they stopped making hero cards… oh wait.

2 Likes

They like to “borrow” from MtG, and there is a particular card type that haven’t been included in MtG setes for quite some time. Perhaps it will now in HS.
Enchant world card. It usually affcets whole battlefield/both opponents, and once any other enchant world card is played, the previous one is destroyed.

sounds like yu gi oh field spells those must be based on those enchant world cards

I take your word for it, I know nothing about yu gi oh.

something else this game doesnt have are cards with activated effects
after all this time they should add them to the game(cards with effects you need to have on the board to pay mana to activate them)

2 Likes

There’s a lot of stuff they don’t do creativity wise. There’s a lot of room for new stuff that they just don’t seem to touch. It almost feels like they want to keep Hearthstone extremely simple in a way that is insulting to the player base.

1 Like

They said this last time and the new “type” was just the colossal keyword

As they say, don’t fix what ain’t broke. It’s safer, perhaps, to stick to the same formula instead of deviating from it for the sake of creativity and newness.

1 Like