Nethrandamus dont work

The legendary DH card nethrandamus only works when its in your hand. it says whenever a friendly minion dies. cards with similar effect has it written when you have it in hand when that applies

The basic rule is that card text is only active when in-hand or on the battlefield, unless it explicitly states otherwise.

Otherwise examples,
Patches the Pirate - After you play a Pirate, summon this minion from your deck.
Crystal Stag - Rush. Battlecry: If you’ve restored 5 Health this game, summon a copy of this.

Keep in mind the text on cards is a balance between clearness and shortness. It also must be translated into 12 other languages.

1 Like

Cards aren’t active while they’re in the deck, unless they specifically say otherwise.

As an example, Flamestrike says “deal 4 damage to all enemy minions.” Would you expect it to kill minions in the deck?

1 Like

@shuteye: I wouldn’t expect Flamestrike to affect minions in my hand either. Normally, when nothing is stated, on the board is expected.

@Twosixone: Pretty sure this is working as intended. But I agree that “while in your hand” should be on the card, for clarity.