Nerf lightforged cariel please

a card that gives you a 2 damage field nuke, an indestructible weapon that make you immune while attacking and cut any damage you take in half and a 4/4 buff to a minion in your hand each turn is too powerful. especially when you compare it to the other hero cards

6 Likes

Dont forget that by reducing damage taking by half, it effectively doubles any healing done by the paladin <3

I get why people complained about scabbs, but tbh she’s worse by far.

2 Likes

I hold a viper and the second they use it i drop it like it’s hot and make them QQ quit…

1 Like

Viper solves this problem.

1 Like

I do feel bad for warriors when comparing the two. Like, even if they felt every ability was on the same power level, the warrior hero still doesn’t have a battlecry comparable to Consecrate.

That aside, the paladin weapon does NOT make you immune while attacking (afaik) and the +4/+4 goes to a random minion.

The card is very strong, but I’m not convinced it needs a nerf yet. Though I’m fairly certain it would still see the same amount of play if it cost 1 more.

Man I wish mine made me immune while attacking. Where’d you get the upgraded version?

2 Likes

Even if you remove the weapon, they still have healing and the 44 buff which is good. With a viper being able to be in every deck, I think she’s fair.

Yeah, im surprised cariel was left untouched in the potential nerfed batch.

Projections of a knee jerk hsreplay winrate analysis (examining the meta with a major popularity decline of thief rogue, and poison rogue, and pirate warrior with nerfed/dusted cards) seemed to indicate A general knee jerk response to laddering ranks for a already strong libram pally to return to high ranks as a likely top 1-3 candidate with nerfs.

I feel like even with bikers to destroy the weapon, the 2/5 weapon with global aoe ± barov ± 4/4 handbuffs just still give huge snowballs.

For 7 mana - 3, for about a 4 mana edge they have gained: A barov/board wipe, 2 damage to all enemy minions, 4 damage to face or one minion, 5 armor, and a +4/4 hp with often synergistic rush/ds/taunt/samuro cards.

If you could pay 4 mana on turn 7 for a card that read: Deal 2 to all enemies, pick 4 combined damage to a hero or minion of choice, give a minion in hand +4/4 each turn. Gain 5 armor… Its still pretty decent even ‘countered’ and was already one of the strongest cards in mulligan… At 7 mana in a handbuff deck that should want minions…

Now the economic ruin of playing a pally that costs 2-8x more to play for a 100 dust maybe extra rank pack might be it’s own can of worms, but not nerfing cariel to 8 mana or maybe tweaking the weapon to lose durability on 2/5 when halving damage or a immune 2/3 on 7 mana could be reasonable. Or some minor change.

I think for general laddering purposes though, libram pally already had a lot of 54-57% laddering wr margins at like 2-5% playrate where pirate warrior was complained about at about like 47-52% laddering wr at 10-17% pop.

It wins well but nobody wants to afford it. Having it be meta #1 might kinda a dust concern imo.