My typical arena runs

If I was a tin foil hat wearer, I’d guess that arena games are completely fixed. I’m not sure how the algorithm for matching works but for my last 10ish runs this is how the games go;

Game 1 - My opponent has a god-like deck and draws perfectly. Snide emotes from my opponent throughout the game and I’m dead by turn 6-8. Try to friend the guy to see if he’s a real person - never accepts. Fantastic fun.

Game 2 - Gold player with legend card back has really strong deck and I lose a few turns often turn 10. I draw poorly and never see the best cards in my deck (think all my 6+ mana cards in my starting hand). Really enjoying myself here.

Game 3 - I have a very strong starting hand and my opponent can’t play a card until turn 3. By that time I’m drawing fantastically and have full board presence. I destroy that player by turn 6-8. Feel bad for the guy and try to friend him to say well played - he’s rank 18-20 and got a free arena ticket. Love this game.

Game 4 - Feeling confident that I’m on a roll now since I have a pretty decent deck and just need some good RNG to get me in my way. Pretty even game, I draw decently, my opponent doesn’t always have an answer and I narrowly win. 50/50 on the RNG gods for both. I’m on my way to 12 wins - what a game!

Game 5 - Opponent destroys me. Game over. 15 dust and a pack. I’ll be playing this game for years to come!

Post arena analysis inside my head - maybe I’ll draft a deck as some of the strong ones I’ve played against. Maybe I’ll go 12 wins with my next run and I’ll be the one with the luck. Go on, let’s do another run

Please start from game 1 above to see the results of each run.

Can anyone throw me a bone here and tell me that the voices in my head aren’t correct when they say arena is rigged. Help a guy out here.

3 Likes

*throws a bone

Somewhere inside heartharena there is a way to watch your games. I do that sometimes to see if i could have done better

I mean if you really want to win, use heartharena to draft a deck and watch some streamers to see how they play. Learn when and when not to trade. Learn how to mulligan. If you’re averaging less than 4 wins per arena run over a decent sample size there are going to be some very easy fixes to your game plan that will get you more wins. Try watching kripp, he’s pretty good at arena and plays a lot. It’s not rigged, it’s probably just that someone else used a tool to build a better deck than yours, picked a better class, and maybe is a better player. Use that as motivation to improve.

It works very simple: you are paired with someone who has the same number of wins. Naturally, that your first game is versus a pro who just drawn an excellent deck. Naturally, that your last game is versus someone who has a deck strong enough to survive to this level.

BTW, don’t forget that you win is someone’s lose. Every player on arena has only three losses in pool, so you cannot expect more that three wins on average skill level. You must be much better than an average player to make more than one loser cry.

1 Like

Tip of the day: Play Priest in current Arena. It’s by far the strongest class.
Tip of the week: Play Shaman, Druid, or Warlock when Priest is not offered.
Tip of the top: Never ever play Hunter Paladin or Rogue in current Arena.
Tip top tip top: That leaves Warrior…play that too it’s slightly better than average.