My latest version of renethal thief rogue

I am thinking of putting 2 copies of tuskar trawler but for now its working so i wil hold putting them in
The collosels from faelin have helped me win games.
I took out the secret to draw cards because tempo is more needed and potion belt gives way better draw and i have putricide who can get more draw.
Lastly i tried to use the prefortmatted text to make those arrows expand and close the deck i failed how to do it D.

#Preformatted text## Thief Rogue

Class: Rogue

Format: Standard

Year of the Hydra

2x (0) Preparation

1x (0) Shadow of Demise

2x (0) Shadowstep

2x (1) Gone Fishin’

1x (2) Astalor Bloodsworn

2x (2) Jackpot!

2x (2) Perjury

2x (2) Potion Belt

1x (2) Potionmaster Putricide

2x (2) Reconnaissance

2x (2) Serrated Bone Spike

2x (2) Sketchy Stranger

2x (2) Sticky Situation

2x (2) Tooth of Nefarian

2x (2) Wicked Stab (Rank 1)

2x (3) Ghastly Gravedigger

1x (3) Prince Renathal

1x (4) Ambassador Faelin

1x (4) Private Eye

2x (4) Swiftscale Trickster

2x (5) Contraband Stash

1x (5) Queen Azshara

1x (6) Crabatoa

1x (7) Tess Greymane

1x (8) Shadowcrafter Scabbs

AAECAcKPBAr7igTYtgTbuQSbyQTd2gSX7wTMoAXooAWLpAXipAUPqusD9p8E958EuqQE7KcE+awEt7ME1bYE3toE9d0Ekt8Ew+ME9+0E+fEE36AFAA==

To use this deck, copy it to your clipboard and create a new deck in Hearthstone

I think the biggest problem with thief rogue right now is they took rogues main early pressure combating tool off the table: gnolls.

AND

the meta is hyper aggro right now, with two to three of the top T1 decks being all hyper aggro variants.

So its kind of an unsolved problem, how do you push back the early pressure long enough to have your late-game powerhouse cards come online?

I dont have the time right now but I think theres a few things that can be experimented with to help with hyper aggro. Renethal will help a little (with the increased health) but the increased cards means you are less likely to find Queen or jackpots + tricksters, which might swing the game in your favor.

If you can find early queen consistently, you would probably do well even vs hyper aggro, getting queen out turn 3 or 4 then having the colossal minion turn 4 or 5 is so strong it can probably carry a win in almost any game. Unfortunately, this is not consistent enough.

My only thought on this atm, is that throwing in spammy arcanists might help. They might be able to give you one or two board clears when you desperately need them. Unfortunately spammy arcanists aren’t the most synergistic card to run in thief rogue.

There may never be a way for theif rogue to recover their aggro MU without gnolls being unnerfed; the gnolls basically kept you in the game in aggro/hyper-aggro MU.

Sketchy stranger helps me get secrets into play early thats stops their early momentum i shadowstep her alot early if i feel my hand does nothing.
Sometimes i discover strong minions of reconnosance and like bonespike turn 2 helps me clear and play a spell turn 2 to setup a good turn 3 usualy.

Yea that might work, but youre going to struggle vs pure paladin for example. The secrets will do almost nothing (they have lots of cheap minions and spells) and bone-spike is better saved for latter.

What I mean is, if you get bone-spike + prep + stabbs you can reset board on their countess turn, so I wouldn’t waste the bone-spike on tempo unless you are unlikely to get stabbs or prep. In any case you still have to kill off countess to prevent a second countess from coming online after the stabbs.

Overall, its a really tough MU due to the divine shield + minion flood and the nearly free minion buffing pally does to take them out of range of most clears.

I can accept my bad matchups some are more winable like big spell mage which although bad can be winnable but you have to get your cheap spells out of hand to not give them cheap spells with barbaric and overwhelm you thats the one bad thing in tha matchup but it feel it must be done.

Pure paladin is strong it is hard to win the board vs that deck i agree with you there.

BSM is a bad MU but pure paladin will be much worse post gnoll nerfs, you can give it a try and see for yourself.

I actually find the 40 card thief rogue does much better vs BSM. The MVP vs BSM is theotar (after they have discounted spell in hand use theotar to steal a cheap Rune or Drakefire!) If you do so, your winrate probably jumps by 10-15% by that one play.

In any case, the aggro problem was always there for thief rogue but was manageable thanks to gnolls, now with gnolls off the table its really bad.

1 Like

Paladin is just the worst matchup for rogue unless you get right cards versus paladin you dont want secrets you want reconnosance.

Versus aggro i feel reconnosance is our saviour putting stats into play for cheaper cost.
Ideally you want to discover a solid 5 or 6 drop turn 2 and i always keep one removal card just in case i think they might have trogg.

Edit - big beast hunter does give me problems if they run the candle weapon and also have the minion that reduces minions health to 1 when your hero attacks.

yea you really have

• reccy: you want something with lifesteal and taunt or at least taunt, because they will be going face face face, the priest taunt AOE minion is also a good pick.

• jackpot!: count on this whiffing on you, its very unlikely you will get an AoE or a Rune off this, but if you do your chances are already exponentially better

• queen: queen is probably the “most” consistent in that it will provide the best value consistently, if you can get her off early. So keep her in in mulligan! especially if you have coin. If you get the priest collosal that has lifesteal you can probably just coast to victory. Gigafin is good too, the druid turtle good as well. All the others are meh.

I wouldn’t even bother keeping sketchy stranger in mulligan and try for reccy, wildpot and queen.

Other option is you can try to get concotions to high-roll you an answer.

That said, all the above is just not consistent enough to get you above probably a 40-45% winrate vs pally. With gnolls, you could probably go 50+% winrate vs pally

1 Like

So youd still run knolls ok il try and edit my list and take out faelin and the dredge and seee how that fares as im running into more aggro now.

Err no, I was saying gnolls pre nerf. You can still run gnolls post nerfs but they are no where near as good, since you need enough discount to bring them up, and you need them REALLY EARLY in the pally MU.

Ok well then il keep my list as is for now lol :slight_smile:

Do you think i should put in 1 draw secret or 2 i love my spider vs aggro but now i wonder in value games crafting deck pains but i decided i am going back to what makes me strong making my own decks and making off meta decks too.