More New Warrior Cards, including Voone legendary

Will post pics as they are available.

So we’re forcing menagerie. No synergy with Riffs.

A worse, slower Impending Catastrophe. Doesn’t fit into control, doesn’t fit into enrage. If it draws two cards, it’s fine. But Warrior minions will come out way slower than imps.

Go back and look at Free Spirit and then look at this.

More Menagerie. So maybe up to 3 or 4 bonus stats?

The only playable one, in my opinion. Has synergy with BRnR.

All in all, pretty garbage. Riffs are a parasitic package with no synergy anywhere else and no payoff. BRnR is a tempo death sentence that will only fit into Big Taunt Warrior. Menagerie came out of nowhere and will compete with Enrage for a tempo warrior deck.

7 Likes

Yup, pure trash.

They truly do hate warrior. Wow.

6 Likes

Playable minions Voone can copy:

Beast: Trenchstalker, Thori’belore, Nellie, Igneous Lavagorger, Armagedillo

Elemental: Thori’belore, Tidal Revenant, Igneous Lavagorger, Ragnaros

Undead: Fleshshaper, Sylvanas?

Naga: Blackscale Brute, School Teacher?

Pirate: Obsidiansmith, Suspicious Pirate, Hookfist-3000, Sword Eater

Dragon: Drum Soloist

Quilboar: Razorfin Rockstar

Mech: Hookfist-3000, Zilliax?

All: Amalgam of the Deep

2 Likes

https://us.forums.blizzard.com/en/hearthstone/t/five-new-menagerie-warrior-cards-revealed/104768

There are 3 other cards that were also revealed. And the whole set of them are pretty unplayable.

3 Likes

Trying to stay optimistic here, but this definitely doesn’t seem primarily focused on any control strategy.

Voone can work with BRnR to generate extra copies of giant taunts, but that requires it being in your hand already and spending 4 mana on a bad body, which is only slightly better than spending 5 mana on a spell that does nothing else.

And there’s only so many “typed” minions that a BRnR/Lorthemar deck would include, namely Fleshshaper, Trenchstalker, and probably the new Drum Soloist.

What’s more, if this was aimed at a tempo strategy, then BRnR will not be included in the list since it murders your own momentum. Meaning that either Enrage/Fire or Menagerie is redundant.

2 Likes

Yep… these suck…

But someone in Wild is gonna have a lot of fun with Razorfin Rockstar and Armorsmith and out of all these cards, I think that one has the most potential

2 Likes

Live footage of the devs printing the new warrior cards just dropped:

Jokes aside, I will try to make this work somehow and probably tank my MMR in the process. At best, it is a tempo package that might win sometimes (so enrage warrior but somehow worse).

1 Like

Yeah, I completely fail to see anything supporting the “we want control Warrior to be a thing” BS they spewed.

It’s as if they gave someone who doesn’t play the game the warrior class to design and said “make it control Warrior friendly” and the designer just threw darts at a dartboard.

As it stands, if I want to play Control Warrior, I’ll just play Blood DK.

And if I want to WIN GAMES with Control Warrior, I’ll just play Hero Power Druid.

5 Likes

The new Party Animal is also a decent Beast target, and works with the whole menagerie theme you’d be going for in a Voone deck:

Common · Minion · Festival of Legends · Battlecry: Give +1/+1 to each minion of a different type in your hand.

2 Likes

I would like someone who isn’t afraid to ask questions have an interview with the design team and seriously ask them why they build warrior the way they do and if they even see the problem.

Seriously, I think the entire HS community wants answers at this point.

Now compare this to paladin 2 drop that just straight up gives all minions +1+1. So like, what’s the point? Warrior has to do what paladin does but worse?

1 Like

Honestly, I’m not totally bummed out about these. Voone looks like a sweet card, both for a potential midrange menagerie build, and for wild Reno warrior, much like his older incarnation. The draw spell looks very good for a midrange strategy. The quillboar is okay, but without good incidental armor gains to stack with it, like armorsmith, it’s sadly far inferior to the busted Druid 1 drop. All in all, this could be a neat direction to take warrior, if it continues to get support later on.

I literally came in here to demand this

1 Like

Warrior cards in…

Sunken City:

• Some of the first good mana cheat in From the Depths, that got murdered because School Teacher was too strong, now every class has similar or better mana cheat and School Teacher is in basically every deck.

• Nellie, which got nerfed because of Smite.

• Bad weapons and giant, unplayable minions (Blackscale Brute, Tidal Revenant, Trenchstalker)

Castle Nathria:

• Enrage. Where’s that at these days?

• No synergy with Sunken City.

MotLK:

• Fire spells for Enrage.

• Unplayable taunts.

• Basically no synergy with Sunken City or Nathria.

Festival of Legends

• BRnR for unplayable taunts. Surely those taunts will be playable now that Shield Shatter is leaving.

• Menagerie for some reason.

• Riffs are here to occupy 3 of the new card slots for some reason.

This is pain.

2 Likes

I love the “upgrade” Voone got years later from Rastakhan Rumble the slap him with the same stats and everything.
Years for that small of an upgrade, this card could have released 5 years ago and it would have been meh lol.

Im surprised they didnt use the same art lordsl knows no work went into making this cards.

2 Likes

Priest got thrown by the wayside with this expansions cards too. The overheal stuff doesn’t have enough support to build anything with. There are too few healing cards worth running to make a deck with, and too few overheal minions that are just standalone good enough to add to a deck. Meanwhile the shadow archetype stays, and they got a new weapon, but it lost shadowcloth needle in the process. Without needle shadow priest just rolls over to anything that goes wide fast… like paladin. There also isn’t any replacement for shadow ascendant or najak hexxen, and without those cards the deck drops multiple tiers in ranking.

I don’t like the thief cards much, and the 3 mana removal sucks. I don’t think there’s a way for priest to build a deck that can actually kill an opponent now. It’s not as bad as warriors crap though, but if warrior is dead last then priest is probably 10th in the list as the runner up for the worst set this expansion.

1 Like

Come to think of it, we haven’t actually seen a new warrior weapon yet. If any class gets a weapon, it should be warrior, right?

I mean, Ringmaster’s Baton was already right there, but that didn’t rotate into core…

2 Likes

Wait a minute, I thought you approved of all the overheal stuff? Did you give a second look over and change your mind or?

Yeah there should still be a weapon. Everyone is getting 10 cards, right?