Mobile can't play cards?

I can login into Hearthstone on my mobile but for some reason as soon as I get into a game it doesn’t crash but I can’t play any cards from my hand and this also works in Battleground where as soon as I pick a Minion from Bob’s tavern I can’t play it might be the only one seeing this issue I haven’t tried it for play on my computer because I don’t have a working computer right now I’ve tried playing it off of mobile data and Wi-Fi and it’s both the same issue

3 Likes

have exactly the same issue. appeared after the latest update. no notifications about the known issue though.

1 Like

Same issue…cleared cache even reinstalled…still the same. Everything else works except the ability to actually play a match.

1 Like

so yea. on the desktop the game goes just fine. it can take over from the mobile as well, the problem seems to be specifically in mobile app.
the only thing you can do in the game is use your hero power. you cannot select your cards and/or play them, neither see the rope countdown. thanks for your time and continued commitment.

1 Like

Same thing, after upload Last update

1 Like

Same issue on Android. On ladder and BG. Went from Legend 200 to Legend 1000 due to constant bug losses. Tried reinstalling and installing from Amazon app store, nothing works. Please fix Blizzard.

2 Likes

any feedback if possible, please?
ty

1 Like

Thank you for your reports, everyone! I looked around to see if our team had any information on this. It seems that there are no known issues at this moment related to the issue, but I’m gathering information on our end and seeing if our team may have any information or can look into this further. In the mean time, could you all provide the following?

• Device Model:
  • Android or iOS Version:
  • Does this happen only in certain modes (Solo, BG, etc)?

Caterpepi, thank you very much for your feedback.

Resume on your points:

• Xieomi Redmi Note 5
  • Android Version 5
  • When it happens:
    • IN SOLO, works fine in some missions. I couldn’t test every single one, but those from older adventures, e.g. Nax and others, run predominately fine. Missions from Outlands adventures run predominately fine, the “Magtheridon” and next missions however won’t start properly, will cause the app to fall into instant resume game state and finally the game self-shuts down into “restart the app” screen. Just tested the innkeeper training mode, gives almost the same result with the difference of “tap anywhere to reconnect”.
  • in versus mode, no matter ranked or custom, the game starts normally, everything seemingly runs very smooth, you can do your mulligan thing, then the game starts. IN the game, you cards remain in your lower right corner. tapping them won’t toggle closeup mode so you cannot choose and/or play cards. you can use your hero power all the times. you cannot hit end turn button, neither can see the rope countdown. the game flow however goes normally, the opponent will see you just idling. if you don’t use your her power every turn, your turn will end sooner as it would normally do. the mobs on the board are ‘tapable’, you can see the descriptions.
  • BG has exactly the same issue. you buy a minion from Bob’s tavern and then it rests in the lower-right corner of the screen, you can’t play it. Buttons (freeze and tavern upgrade) cannot be hit.
  • tried to switching to mobile internet to eliminate the chance of the app getting more demanding to internet consistency, same result.
  • SOMETIMES after weird shamanism practices such as turning airplane mode on and off, the game will resume and RUN NORMALLY even if it was frozen from the start. And you can finish it normally. The next game however will start in a frozen state as well.
  • No hovering cards.
  • Problem appeared specifically since the latest update.

Thanks again for your time.

3 Likes

Android or Samsung k 30 or something nothing has worked with my hand no matter what mode on WiFi or off

Appreciate the details on when it happens, FujinLoa! This oddly doesn’t seem to happen on all devices. I tried to replicate the issue on my OnePlus 7 Pro on Android 10. I’ve collected some data for our team and the details included on our tracking. Our team is looking into the issue and replicating the issue on their end.

Out of curiosity though, have you tried closing all applications or restarting the device and immediately trying hearthstone? We’ve seen some mobile apps interfere with hearthstone from time to time, so I wanted to make sure it may not be a common app that is causing this issue.

For anyone else experiencing the issue, please include the requested details:

Caterpepi, thanks for your reply, yes! I have tried both rebooting the phone and launching the HS app after taking down all other applications. I tried clean install as well just as a matter of fact. And I do agree, voices calling out for help specifically on this one seem to be very few.
Minor correction to my previous resume, when the bug is on (and now it’s almost guaranteed to be on when you start a game), you CANNOT tap on the mobs and read the descriptions, so I’m having a feeling there might be something with the zoning of the screen/board. Plus, at the opponent search screen, you would often see the message that [you have reconnected to your game, resuming…], even though the game didn’t visually start for you.

1 Like

Модель телефона: асус зенфон 3 макс.
Версия андроида 7.0
Происходит это в рейтинговых, обычных, и дружеских боях.

1 Like

I’m having the exact same issue, except it happens once every 3/4 games. This morning it happened 3 times in a row. I want to add on by saying that you can use emotes while this is happening and you can also access friends list, options and concede.

• Playing on Nokia 3.1
  • Android 9
  • I play only constructed and arena, happens in both.

I hope you get to the bottom of this, playing arena is kind of futile when this happens once or twice every run. Cheers.

Device model: xiaomi redmi 4a
Android: 7.1.2
In all modes

Thank you for the details provided so far! When I get the chance, I’ll get these details added to our tracking. Our team is attempting to replicate the issue, but so far we haven’t had much luck with newer Samsung and OnePlus devices.

With the devices reported so far not having much in common and that this issue isn’t happening on all devices, it makes it a bit difficult to pinpoint what’s causing the issue. The most that I’ve seen so far is that this is seems to be happening with older operating systems or devices, so I’ll see if we have any similar device models they can check for and keep you all updated on the issue :slight_smile:

If your device has OS updates available, please try updating the device’s software. If this seems to help, please let us know! We’re still gathering the requested details from earlier. If you have experiencing this issue, please include the following:

Thank you very much for the feedback Caterpepi.

Lately I can’t play heartstone on the mobile very well. I couldn’t play any cards from my hand to play. Also on the pc whenever i play a discover card I couldn’t choose the one i wanted until the timer goes off ending my turn.

Same issue.
Moto G4 running Android 7.0.
Haven’t had an issue with it before today.
Thanks for your help.

Update: Suddenly seems to be working again, now.