Missing dozens of cards from my collection

Hi and for starters I apologise if I didn’t open this in the right section but I’m baffled by the answers I get from support. It seems people there don’t even know how to properly read English not to mention understand an issue.
This week I noticed a lot of cards missing from my collection - having my account for about 7 years now I’m the kind of player that loves to collect and would never disenchant a card if I have less than 2 copies (doesn’t matter how useless the card is/was). It’s like I almost never played Expansions like WOTG, The Grand Tournament or Un’Goro and this is nonsense. I had decks built around staple cards like Mysterious Challenger or Twilight Summoner etc.
The 2 persons that answered my ticket both asked if I had login to the correct account and asked for the email address for a secondary/another account after i stated very clearly that I never had a second Blizz account and I use the same email address for about 7-8 years. I mean after having to wait 24hours for a reply to get kind of the same answer is embarrassing honestly.
And even if let’s say I disenchanted cards and by miracle I forgot (as insinuated by the 2nd reply I got from support) why in the earth I would disenchant almost entire expansions? Just to have dust sitting there? I’m a casual player and I like to collect and that’s it. I don’t want any of the cards I didn’t have previously, I’m not asking for free cards or whatever but I’m asking for a proper solution that would help get things back in order.
I’m sorry for the long post but after seeing the replies I get from support it’s clear that I have no chance of solving my issue via tickets (firstly as I mentioned they would have to learn to read English properly)
Thank you!

5 Likes

These are sets that have been rotated to Wild. In your Collection, click the Filters button found in the bottom left and select a set or Wild.

There are two formats; Standard, which restricts decks to use cards only available from sets released in the last two calendar years, and Wild, which allows decks to use any cards from all sets.

Learn more here;
https://hearthstone.gamepedia.com/Wild_format

Hi Soul.
Thank you for trying to help but I did that. I’m looking at what i should be. I’ve taken every expansion by set and made an inventory of what is missing. I’ve also selected all cards(Wild). The card appear like I have to craft them again - they aren’t missing as in not showing. I can view them if I click ‘Crafting’ but as if they were never part of my collection.

3 Likes

In the defence of whoever wrote that (and trust me, I feel seldom compelled to defend the support staff, they are way too inclined to send people here and pretend that fixes their issue instead of just doing their job and helping them themselves), based on what I read and see online I am pretty sure that well over half the player base routinely disenchants old sets that rotate out of Standard mode. Their rationale is that they won’t ever play Wild anyway, and this gives them the dust to have a good head start on the new expansion, while having to invest less gold or money.

Unfortunately, I must add to this that nobody on this forum will be able to help you. The Blizzard staff that read here are testers and developers, looking for things that go wrong all the time so they can fix it and prevent it in the future. Their job is not to help out individual customers. And in fact, if Blizzard has followed any best practices in their setup, then none of the testers and developers even has access to the servers where actual player data is stored.

The people who DO have such access, and who also HAVE helping individual customers in their job description, are the customer support staff. So whether you like it or not, your only chance to get cards you lost returned (or an explanation of when and how they were lost) is to return to customer support and keep pressing the matter until you reach a n employee with enough seniority to go off script and do the legwork to understand and fix your specific case.

Good luck!

2 Likes

Your discussion and animosity towards Game Masters is irrelevant and inappropriate for the forums.

The proper and only place is the feedback survey when your interaction is flagged as Resolved. The feedback survey goes to the Game Master Supervisor.

Game Master are only human. They do make mistakes. Game Masters can only do what policy and tools allow them to do. Unfortunately that is very little in Hearthstone.

This is just some feedback on the Customer Service and it is not appropriate for continued discussion here.

The thing is people do disenchant cards. There used to be many threads in the old Technical support forum from players with missing cards and Blizzard staff replied that cards were disenchanted.

Cards have also been disenchanted by siblings, exspouses, and (ex)friends who malevolently gained access to the account.

Have you done a comparison of card numbers in the old sets with the numbers that are reported in the new Collection Achievements? You just have to manually count the number of unique cards in each class and compare.

Another thing to keep in mind is even Blizzard does not keep logs forever. Given that you are talking about old sets there most likely is not logs for them.

While Customer Support wants to help everyone, they can only go by what their logs show. This is to keep all reports honest. And I am not accusing you of dishonesty, just providing feedback.

1 Like

Thank you for your thoughts guys.
I will try to press the matter to support as you suggested BigHugger and hopefully I will be able to get some proper answers.
As to disenchanting I assure you both it’s not the case. Being born in the '80s I do have a life, a job etc as any normal person. I’m not looking to get some free Wild cards just because I’m thinking it would be nice, but HS is ‘my friend’ in the morning when I drink my coffee. I just feel that ‘my friend’ has been robbed and I want to get back his things.
I didn’t want to be inappropriate and I already apologised if I posted in the wrong section. I wanted to be heard and I’m sure you understand my frustration of building something over the years just to end up in this situation. Also, being harsh with support people meant I had expectations (which is not always a good thing to do because you can end up disappointed) that such a renowned company would have premium services.

P.S. and just to get a taste with what I’m dealing in the support section - this is the 3rd solution I get (which is basically the only one I got so far) “If you mistakenly disenchant a card, click Undo on the disenchanting interface to restore the most recently disenchanted card. This option becomes unavailable when you exit the disenchant interface.” - really?
I don’t understand why don’t they escalate the ticket if the level 1 people can’t handle this situation and already I’m the one to blame here. At least give me the benefit of the doubt and look into my issue. Maybe I’m not actually a retard when I try to explain 3 times I didn’t disenchant around 80-90 cards.

2 Likes

Was there any updates on this issue? Think I’m having the same problem except that the card doesn’t show in my collection period. Like it never existed? I was trying to add blightnozzle crawler. Anyone able to see it in their collection?

2 Likes

Exactly … the cards are like they never existed in my collection. The last update from the support team was to search my account history for purchases of packs - while i did buy occasional packs i haven’t bought entire collections or bundles. The last thing i can do is to send them my card back history(they suggested this also) which proves that i played regularly in the past 6 years or so, but i’m not getting my hopes up because this isn’t concrete proof that i had the cards i mentioned in my collection. Please keep me posted about this issue and let’s keep this thread alive - hopefully we will be enough with this issue at some point for they to actually try to thoroughly look into this issue.

Silly question, but do you guys have the Demon Hunter unlocked?

1 Like

Yep… I confirm having this class unlocked. Why?

I was just asking because many times that is the issue. I’m sorry I wasn’t able to fix your problem.

1 Like

An update to the case: I received a reply as the game’s logs aren’t stored indefinitely (don’t know if this is reference to a players account or like game replays logs), but in the case it’s about ones collection this is at least worrying - after all HS is a card collection game right? Encourages players to invest and have full collections (at least for the sake of collecting if not playing) but you don’t have archives of your clients’ collections? Then you, as a company, you’re just assuming that your system is flawless and nothing wrong could ever happen - well I think these few cases that appeared recently are the proof that this isn’t the case. The answers i received so far from support they all blame the client - maybe you disenchanted and don’t remember; maybe someone else logged in and deleted your collections; maybe you had another account that you don’t remember (I pulled my card back history and i have 65 out of last 72 monthly card backs proving that i regularly played in the past years from this account); maybe this maybe that… but that is all… never a proper answer or at least acknowledging that maybe something went wrong with their system and at least come up with a proof that i have done something wrong and my accusation is false. I even asked them to check if at any point in time I had the amount of dust I should have if I or someone else disenchanted that many cards.
Seems very unprofessional to treat your clients like they are children that barely know to handle a computer at a point in time where customer support is crucial for any company out there.

2 Likes

Hi,

I’ve realised I have the same problem here. I started playing HS in 2014 then stopped and played again for a short while in 2017.

I’ve started playing HS again a few days ago and I have noticed the exact same thing as you. I have cards that have disappeared from my collection.

I am not 100% sure but everytime I check the card that has disappeared, it has the hall of fame label. After checking on the internet I noticed that cards marked as hall of fame have been dusted by Blizzard and the amount of dust given to players.

I can’t check if they refunded me the full value of the card or not. This kind of practices should be illegal since I cannot check if I was not wronged of what i paid for and the game does not explain anything to me.

And I don’t understand why they felt they had to remove cards from my collection. I don’t care about their hall of fame. I paid the cards with hard earned money and when I bought them I was not informed of any contractual right by blizzard to unilaterally remove cards from my collection.

This is maybe what happened to your cards too. I am really worried that no streamer or players have reacted to these kind of shady commercial practices.

I have submitted a ticket and I will not hesitate to launch a legal claim if blizzard has violated my consumer’s rights.

4 Likes

Let me know how this resolves. I recently noticed that swaths of cards I owned from various past expansions have gone missing, and Hearthstone essentially told me that they don’t keep track of the product I paid them for, so I can’t prove it’s their fault. It feels extremely unjust, and I am trying to figure out how to start a class-action lawsuit. Because even though it’s a game and I’m some nobody to them, it’s very real time and money I have invested into their product and it isn’t right that they won’t even consider giving me back what I paid for (or the money I paid them for my missing product).

3 Likes

I am having the same issue. Dozens of cards (many legendary and epics, even some core cards that you cant even disenchant) are now missing. If anyone starts a petition or lawsuit, I will gladly join. You can add me for discussion: WhiteWolf #12472.

Similar experience Melpherion, I was gone for a long time and recently started playing again. I’ve mainly been playing battlegrounds, duels, and tavern brawl. Today I decided to make a deck to try and beat the dailies. Realize i’m missing some cards I am positive I had. Go through my entire collection and there are literally dozens missing (mostly legendary/epics but some rares and commons too).

Keep us posted if you have any luck.

Made another post if you are interested in following, still trying to get someone to help.

https://us.forums.blizzard.com/en/hearthstone/t/my-collection-is-decimated-major-bug/65366

Hi guys. I have the same problem too. I’ve been playing hearthstone a few years now (started in witchwood) and was looking at maybe crafting some wild decks. When I looked at my wild collection I was missing important cards like baku, genn and some of the frozen throne heroes that I 100% used to own. I am almost certain that I didn’t disenchant them as I never really disenchant cards. Bit frustrating to see that they were gone. Any updates on your guys situation?

I dont have Genn and Baku but i remember having them and i played alot of even odd decks

In the past there was different guides to abuse the hs HoF refund mechanism , that said to save dust to craft gold copy of this cards ( or normal ) , just to dust them later .
You craft it for 3200 before patch release , on patch release card is moved to HoF they give you 3200 dust and leave you the card ( a standard cards but unusable is standard) , you disenchant it for 1600 , and you get 4800 dust for free.

So alot of people started playng Baku Genn decks just becouse they crafted it only to make dust

In the last patch i know they gonna nerf some questlines , so before the patch i crafted some questlines just to do the achievements , waited patch and disenchanted for full dust refund.