Missing Basic Cards (Classic Mode)

I’m one of those who keeps all cards. I never disenchant except golden, but only then I won’t disenchant golden unless I have 2 non-golden (or 1 for legendary). Additionally, I prefer the Wild format where I want/need more cards. I’m in standard right now because i’ve been out for about a year, and wanted to ease in with a smaller card pool, and because I was in standard I didn’t notice the weird missing cards until now. Also…my main was Priest…so certainly didn’t go removing Northshire Cleric (although that’s 1 example).My real concern is how much is missing that I’m not aware of.

I’ve the same problem

new patch same problem . when you are going to fix this

1 Like

Then perhaps you should provide the same information that was asked of other people.
Which cards are you missing?

I’ve made some screen shots but I can’t upload

If only there were some sort of sticky post explaining how to share screenshots.

Maybe something looking like this;
https://us.forums.blizzard.com/en/hearthstone/t/how-to-share-links-to-screenshots-videos-and-replays/2242/6

I also returned to the game after not playing for about two years to try out the classic mode but saw that many of the old cards that I know I had are no longer there and I have to craft them. When filtering to look at standard cards they are present, however. Why do I have to re-craft cards that I had previously owned in order to use them in classic mode?

One step at a time, Felix. Can you first name a few cards that you cannot find now and explain the steps you took to search them when you were unable to find them?

I made a video for you, please I need a reply from hearthstone technical support
new link
mega.nz/file/70UQxBCQ#QZHSmqCZEenmYz0ruNyp54Y9ooGyZIZNvD0h_ARbBTw

That link you gave links to what seems to be a folder about Amlogic. There’s no video here.
Perhaps you should upload your video to YouTube instead.

sorry about that new link
mega.nz/file/70UQxBCQ#QZHSmqCZEenmYz0ruNyp54Y9ooGyZIZNvD0h_ARbBTw

Thanks for the video, star.

I looked at a few of the cards you highlight. All of them are cards that currently exist in two versions. A version in the Core set (given “on loan” to all players; subject to removal when Blizzard changes the Core set) that can be used in Standard and Wild decks. And a second version, in the Legacy set, that can be used in Classic decks (and that will once more become available in Wild if the Core version is removed).

The second half of your video shows that you own these cards in the Core set. But in Classic decks, the Core set version of that card is not available. You need to own the Legacy version.
If you scroll down in the expansion selection to the Legacy set, then I expect that you will find all these cards to be missing. You can craft them from Arcane Dust. But only when building a Classic deck, or after switching to the Legacy expansion in the collection manager. If you check your collection in another way, the Core version will be displayed instead of the Legacy version, and that version is uncraftable.

thanks for replying , I don’t think you understand what I showed in that video I own maybe 98 % of all the classic cards. I made a classic deck and after a new batch for the game I’ve noticed this problem in that video I showed only neutral cards a lot is missing from all the classes as well
{ some cards that I own don’t appear only in classic mode }

You cannot own “classic cards”. There is no Classic set anymore.
What used to be the Classic set has, for the most part, been moved to the Legacy set.

Some people who noticed that they had extra copies of the same card in both the Legacy set and the Core set then dusted the Legacy version.
As explained above, that means you cannot use the card in Classic. (And if it ever leaves Core, it won’t be available to you in Wild anymore either).

What your video shows is (1) several cards that are missing when you were building a Classic deck; and then (2) those same cards are available when you are looking at a Wild deck and filter down to the Core set.

And that is fully consistent with my explanation that you do own the Core version of those cards, but do not own the Legacy version.

Please go to the Collection Manager directly (Main menu --> My Collection). Then in the expansion selection, filter on “Legacy” (last option in the dropdown).
I bet that you’ll find that here you are missing the exact same cards that you show as missing when looking at a Classic deck.

how can I have all these cards in the core set but not in “Legacy” and Classic
did Blizzard give them for free for all hearthstone players
are you technical support ?
new video
mega.nz/file/Ggd3QYZY#3a7PJaWoZpMWeZ0-EJVonwnSOjclbKnHdXVHHryOWkg

Because Legacy and Core are two separate sets.

Yes. When the Core set was introduced, it was given to all players for free. With the note that Blizzard might change the cards in the Core set when they want to (most likely early 2022 but that’s just me speculating) and then you’ll lose the cards removed from Core and gain the ones added.

No. I’m a player.
If you want to speak to technical support, there’s a separate forum aptly titled “technical support”. I don’t know whether it’s mostly Blizzard staff or mostly players there. I do know that the purpose of technical support is to help people with things such as compatibility issues, networking problems, display failures, etc. Gameplay and account issues are not for technical support.

Which confirms exactly what I told you in previous replies and above.
Seems there is no bug here. You do not own the Legacy versions of those cards and you cannot include them in Classic decks. That’s working as designed.

first of all I want to thank you for explaining about what seams to be a mess, bug , or what ever you want to call it.
Hearthstone team didn’t give any warning or say anything about extra similar four cards so if I disenchanted a few by mistake that is my fault ?!! I don’t think so. Hearthstone team won’t admit any wrong doing and won’t give back my disenchanted cards
thank you again for explaining

If you believe there has been insufficient communication on this and that you should be compensated for this, then that’s a topic you should raise in a ticket with Customer Support. They are the only department qualified to give compensation.

This forum is for bugs. Which this is not. Thanks for posting vids to help understand the issue, so I could explain the reason.
I wish you good luck with Customer Support, should you decide to try your luck there.

No bug… really? All of the legacy cards I don’t have are uncraftable, such as consecration and truesilver champion. Does this mean I need to keep buying classic packs in order to acquire these legacy cards for classic mode?

@Fugue

Most (if not all, not 100% sure) cards that are in the Core set are a different version that looks the same as a card in another set. For example Noble Sacrifice (currently) exists in Core (uncraftable, as all Core cards); but it also (permanently) exists in the Naxxramas set, where it is a craftable card. Though they look the same, they are in fact different and you can own both the Core copies and the Naxxramas copies, or only the Core copies.

When searching for cards in multiple card sets, the game will typically show the Core version for cards that exist in Core and in another set as well. To find the other version, you have to select a specific set with the set selector. So if you just search for Avenge you will see the Core version, and not be able to craft it. But if you set the set selector to Naxxramas and then search for Avenge, you will see an option to craft it.

The two examples you mention are special in that both Truesilver Champion and Consecration exist in the Core set and also in the Legacy set, which now hosts a lot of cards that used to be in the Basic set that was given for free to all players upon reaching certain levels. So these cards are uncraftable in both sets. The Core version should be given to all players, but can be removed from your collection when the Core set is changed (which happens once a year). The Legacy version should, according to the Hearthstone Wiki, be given to players upon graduating from the Apprentice ranks (aka the New Player Experience) into Bronze 10.

See https://hearthstone.fandom.com/wiki/Truesilver_Champion and https://hearthstone.fandom.com/wiki/Consecration.