Missile launcher + venomizer. Every day, every day

Hello, Blizzard. Do you plan to do something with a combination of missile launcher + venomizer? Do not you think that it does not correspond to the class features of a hunter who should not have powerful board clears?

4 Likes

Hah - reminds me of the time that I used seance to grab my own version of build-a-beast acid-maw / basilisk. Cleared the divine shield, and then used my beast to kill his. He had no come back from that.

Sadly doesn’t work with your mech-combo problem though. Do wonder if you ought to keep a silence in hand though?

Other than Druid (and maybe Paladin?) all classes have tools to deal with a Venomizer/Missile Launcher combo (and they can tech in a neutral silence card). If you know you’re going against Mech Hunter, make sure to save at least one removal for that.

It is difficult to save silence when a hunter massages my face with magnetized mechanisms.
I play the silence priest, I have 3 silence in the deck. Does not help.
I can not give them up to move 8.

1 Like

you could answer with a faceless too

1 Like

Have you considered adding a Shadow Word: Death or two to your deck? That would help not only with the Venomizer/Missile Launcher combo, but also to remove Giants if you play against Mage. Or if Death is too situational, try Forbidden Words. I understand the combo is frustrating, but Priest probably has the most tools to deal with it than all other classes (except maybe Warrior).

1 Like

Sounds like you’re squandering your silence effects and/or your general removal early.

If you know you need an answer for turn 8, and you can’t win by then, using it before then is a mistake.

Tech in another removal or save one for when you really need it.

I agree it is a bit messed up to give that class a board clear but not druid. Missile launcher, at least, shouldn’t have magnetize. It’s a bit much for it to be an 8 Mana board clear and a charge minion.

Faceless manipulator is your best defense. If you’re playing silence priest, it should work decently in that deck.

If you can get these cards out as a Paladin

Immortal Prelate with a Twinspell life steal on it
Mechno Egg
Da Undertaker

Its going to be really hard for you to die. These will always get shuffled back in. You will always have Life Steal. You will be making 8/8 Mech Robots from Undertakers and Techno Egg death.

Got a Nozari? Just have to stay alive until you can’t be beat. Maybe add an abomination so there is some board sweeping help going on.

You lose to disenchant and silence but who is playing priest or any of those cards?

1 Like

i dont think you realize missile launcher is a neutral card not a hunter one

Missile + venom actually isn’t that powerful of a board clear. Board clears are usually needed for zoo/swarm decks, and for that job comes way too slow

Even if you survive into that late, dedicated swarm decks (e.g zoolock, other mech hunters, maybe even mech pally) are running more deathrattles such that a single ping isn’t going to clear everything.

The combo is good against greedy slower decks that spawn their big board later (with limited ability to reflood), but then again, your deck probably fares better against the sticky aggressive decks.

For example, mages tend to do pretty bad vs mech hunter, but mages dance all over paladin. Mech paladin however has a decent shot at mech hunter.

Not every match is rock paper scissors of course, but the point is it’s a trade off.

2 Likes

Poison should have only ever affected base original damage not effects of the minion.

This is a terrible card combo to not have an answer to but let’s be real. Turn 8, 2 card combo’s are well within their right to be insanely powerful. Also don’t misuse the class identity that blizzard provided to us to fit your narrative. Classes gaining access to their weaknesses via the neutral card pool is intended.

1 Like

It’s like totally cheating if you add Sen’jin Shieldmasta or Lord of the Arena to a Mage or Rogue deck.

As a reference, from the announcement (https://playhearthstone.com/en-us/blog/23014810/developer-insights-class-identity-hall-of-fame-and-new-cards):

1 Like

Yeah, they also said cards that enable burst damage and AOE clear shouldn’t be allowed (blade flurry). That’s why I think missile launcher should lose magnetize (and maybe come down by a mana point to compensate, tho that’s not necessary).
The problem isn’t the 8 Mana two card board clear. That’s in line with other classes and previous hunter tools. The problem is it often also creates a 7/7 with charge.

1 Like

It’s a neat combo, but generally Mech Hunter should be spreading their board a little wide and flat to avoid being wiped clean by a spot removal. Venom+Missile is a Non-Bo for a broad mech board.

It certainly has it’s place vs. a few decks, or an unprepared opponent, but generally it doesn’t fit with the best strategy for the deck.

Something else I see every day?

Token Druid.

Whispering Woods on 4. Cant kill em all.
Should of Forest on 5.
buff on 6
final buff on 7 +4 to all remaining game over…

Like Op says. Every day. Over and over again. Same decks. Played out the exact same way. Day after day - same.

Given that the other part of the combo (Venomizer) also has Magnetize, that would do almost nothing to stop it from happening.

Also, Blade Flurry was nerfed for the burst face damage (seeing 8+ face damage from Flurry was fairly common at the time). In contrast Venomizer + Missile Launcher deals 1 damage, not exactly what I’d call burst damage.

It would mean you couldn’t assemble the combo on a minion already on the board. Which would keep it from going face that turn and protecting one minion from the board clear.