Mini-Set for Sunken City

So, is it about time to start speculating on what will be in the mini-set this time? Also when it’s going to drop? I don’t want to jump the gun here, but I’m curious to see where they are going with the game this year since some of the cards and strategies they put out in Sunken City seem like dead ends unless they get a few new cards. Like, what’s the deal with the Priest colossal card? Are they planning on pushing life steal priest this year?

Yeah I’d say most of these sunken mechanics are overshadowed by how strong aggro decks are, I don’t know what will be in the set but if it requires to put something on the bottom of your deck to dredge it and then wait a turn to draw it then possibly only one deck will be able to pull that off and it’s going to be a very expensive deck dust wise.

I think the next set will definitely have more highlander cards so we might get cards that would work in singleton decks. I think whatever card is impactful in the miniset will be incredibly standalone from the rest of the sunken cards, if they are still pushing big minions, it might be some sort of midrange colossal with lifesteal as a 5 drop.

Mini set will drop 2 months after the expansion launches. Warlock curse deck will finally be viable and the forums will be ablaze of people shifting their hate for all the current meta decks to warlock again.

Ny’alotha. The Black Empire. N’Zoth.

The expansion was the voyage to the Sunken City. The miniset is actually arriving there.

2 Likes

Orgozoa is the only raid boss from Eternal Palace that didn’t get a card in the main set.

2 Likes

Something murloc-related for Warlock, who seem to have been left aside in this whole aggro meta for some reason.

J/K it’s gonna be a lot of terrible support for the curses and something with Charge that destroys secrets or something.

1 Like

Probably not considering the entire deck was nerfed before launch after they realized how toxic the design was.

It will get good cuz right now its not playable.

1 Like

Do you have a reference for this claim? I’ve heard this before, too, but haven’t seen anything official on it.

Cora on the design team talked about it and said it was done right before launch. Basically they realized it caused play patterns that aren’t good for the game in general. A great example would be how Control Warrior, Priest, control Paladin, and Druid could just armor up/heal and hold 10 cards in hand to defeat the deck. That sounds clever until you have to sit through or watch that game on screen at a competitive event.

2 Likes

I can confirm saw the same thing, the curses were nerfed prior to release , i dont agree with the “feels bad to losse against” reasons they used but whatever.
I have a feeling it was just a solid deck but they just didnt want it to see play at that point why even make the mechanic.

2 Likes

Yeah, if they really tested it well they should have realized quickly it was a problem and could have redesigned the mechanic to something more playable and interesting to the players.

2 Likes

Big downside to that, they would have to do some extra work on it and we all know thats a big no no for the team.
Neuter it and move on maybe fix later(never).

1 Like

Underwater Factory churning out Mecha Murlocs

1 Like

I want a spongebob colossal, or else…

2 Likes

We already have Chum Bucket, Rock Bottom, Smothering Starfish and Crusty the Crustacean. I like SpongeBob references, but we’re at real risk of overdoing it. No more please, we’re full.

Well fine, I’ll permit one (1) Lobster Bodybuilder as Arena filler in the miniset. Then we’re done, you hear me?

3 Likes

When will miniset come up, anyone knows?