PSA: Mind Blast & Vanish post-HoF

This thread was created before the sticky made, so I will update it instead of starting a new one. The original will remain below.

As per the sticky here:

Cards are changing to commons. If you have wild unlocked, you keep the cards (gold and regular) - no dust refunds.

If you dont have wild unlocked you get full dust refunds for those cards, as you will have to re-craft them if/when you want them for play in wild.

Now, the PSA is for those who dont yet own the cards in gold. If you’re close to unlocking them on those classes, time to grind out those last few levels - Priest lvl 20, Rogue lvl 26.

Even if you dont play these classes, nor wild, 200 dust is 200 dust and the level restrictions are quite low all things considered.

Original text:

Not sure if this has been answered, but it came up on Discord yesterday and its an interesting query, and I couldnt find an answer (might be searching the wrong phrase);

_How will these cards be gained after rotation? _

They are basic cards, basic cards cannot be crafted or disenchanted. So how are prospect wild players (post-rotation) supposed to gain them?

_Having them openly available unlocks the wild format for new players, as the only criteria is owning a wild card which they will by default after reaching the appropriate class level. _

Giving them a non-basic rarity is a dangerous precedent to set going forward (I’d certainly cash my golden copies in for the 1600 dust if made commons. They have been HoF’ed after all!)

Anyone know how Blizz intend to handle this “dilemma”???

2 Likes

Maybe they’ll just add it to your collection, when you create a new account.

The article showed them with a HoF stamp and a common rarity gem, so it seems they’ll just be changed.

Moving a card to the Hall of Fame doesn’t change the disenchant value. It’s usually accompanied with an automatic refund of the crafting dust cost, but it’s likely you won’t get anything since Basic cards can’t be crafted. You’ll be able to disenchant them for 50 dust each once they’re changed to Commons, though.

It appears they’re assigning them the Common rarity. Won’t be in Classic packs, like prior HoF cards, so should be craftable.

I don’t expect they will be disenchantable. But, some clarification would be nice.

Since they’re also adding Basic replacements, I can only assume the level-up rewards will give the new cards in the future.

Oops, brain fart moment there. Anyway it was just answered in a pinned thread.

They will become commons.
People with wild unlocked keep them as such. (No dust refund)
Those without wild unlocked get common dust refunds for the cards they have unlocked.

Seems fair to me.