Merceneries is kind of fun but

critical damage ? it just shows as double,no red text and like my character just got crit 4 times, twice on two consecutive turns, well I guess he is just dead then even though I used 2 heals on time each turn lol

might want to add some kind of diminishing returns on that mechanic ?

1 Like

Learn the Critical Damage circle.
Protectors (Red) deals double (critical) damage against Fighters (Green).
Fighters deals double damage against Casters (Blue)
Casters deals double damage against Protectors.

If you want a more Pokemon-ey description: Fire burns Grass. Grass absorbs Water. Water douses Fire.

Don’t play a group of Protectors against a group of Casters.

2 Likes

Ah Thanks! then I don’t understand why even call it crit ? crit is random double damage, its more like strength/weakness also the game (at least that I can recall) told me this nowhere! though I did figure the glowing bar I just didn’t connect the dots.

another thing that is kind of urking me is the ready up screen
why do I have to drop 3 them press ready when it won’t let me pick them back up? why are placements final and have to be confirmed ?

You can move your selected Mercs around before hitting Ready. (eg, some Mercs do better in the middle). But I agree, you should be able to pull a Merc back to replace it with another, in case you made a mistake.

2 Likes

It’d be nice to be allowed to undo a drop before hitting ready. It’s currently my main issue with the mode.