Mercenaries turn limit defeat + deathblow 75 times

I just discovered the hard way that there is a turn/round limit in PvE mercenaries that results in defeat when it is reached. Or at least I assume that is what happened since for seemingly no reason at the of a round I was met with the defeat screen.

Please put a turn/round counter with the limit shown if there is indeed a limit. I also think it is information players might want in general, and it may even open design space for you as developers.

Additionally, please do not require players to deathblow with an ability 75 times to complete one task. Spamming fish is the only way I can reasonably clear this task from my board. Spamming fish sucks.

2 Likes

Following up on this - the turn limit appears to be around 90 turns.

Data: working on Kurtrus Task 17 (destroy 75 enemies with Aimless Assault - one of the several insanely unreasonable tasks in this game similar to the OP), used Kurtrus, Cookie, and Blink Fox to get two kills every three rounds. Ended at 58/75, so 87 rounds spent farming. That would be 89 turns played, so apparently the defeat screen triggers at the start of the 90th round.

Perhaps this information will be useful to other players. And I sincerely hope the dev(s) who thought these tasks were appropriate to include in the game have been fired. It’s nice to see that the newer mercs have a much smoother task sequence.

4 Likes