[Mercenaries] Mukla's big brother battlecry bug

Hi,

I am having an issue where the battlecry to summon Mukla’s big brother seems to have been turned off since the latest patch. It makes it problematic to complete task 17 where you have to kill 25 minions with Mukla’s big brother.

Is anyone else experiencing this?

[Edit]: Upon looking into this further, I had refreshing bananas equipped pre-patch, and am able to change the weapon in the lobby, but it doesn’t recognize the weapon change in the bounty.

As of last patch, you can no longer change equipment in the middle of a bounty. Also you need to be aware of the fact that equipment and mercenary skins can now be different for seperate parties. This means that you need to change your equipment while editing your party, if you are using an existing party.

I tried changing, but do I need to remake the party?

You need to equip the right piece on the party screen before you go to a bounty.

I equipped big brother and remade the party and got it to work.
Is this equipping bug specific to Mukla?

What kind of ‘bug’ are you referring to? In fact, there is behaviour documented in 22.6 Patch Notes:

You will now be able to set different Equipment and Portrait loadouts for your different Parties using the same Mercenary; you will no longer be able to change these loadouts in the middle of a Bounty.

What that means in practice is that, if you just change the equipment somewhere in the collection manager, it will not affect existing parties with their own equipment saved, which, by the way, is rather convenient and has been much desired and requested by the community, as far as I recall.

PS What you want to do is to equip the item you want for the party that you are going with to a bounty (or a pit fight). If you just equip an item in the collection manager, then it will serve as a ‘default’ equipment for any new parties you might make; however, unless they’ve changed something and I’ve missed it, if you later switch the equipment even while editing an existing party, then this new item will become the new ‘pre-equipped’ default.