Mercenaries excess coins solution, profitable long term

Solution - introduce consumables into the game that can be purchased with excess coins.

For example, health potions, buff / debuff spell runes, speed potions, weapon buffs for PvE that can be purchased with excess mercenary coins. Limit the number of consumables that can be used per PvE bounty to prevent someone from using 100+ potions. This would allow us to spend excess coins. Consumables would be temporary in nature, which ensures a consistent drain of excess coins from the economy. It’s not a perfect solution, but it’s a good start to draining excess coins.

Coin conversion will not work, as it will result in massive revenue loss for Blizzard Mercenaries shop, as there would not be any need for us to purchase packs.

Moreover, going forward, there may be additional ways that Blizzard could earn revenue by selling temporary buff items for real money, gold etc.

So the solution is - introduce consumables.

1 Like

I would much prefer if they would just let you buy portraits with excess coins.

1 Like

I’m with klaital that would not hold the same value for me as being able to use them for portraits or better still mercs that are not yet maxxed.

they would have to endlessly add portraits in order to not make us run into the same issue as soon as all of the portraits were acquired. and as it stands the mercs that have the most excess coins are also the most likely to have all available portraits already.

1 Like

buying portraits with excess coins is a good idea, I don’t mind to spend a few thousands on diamond portrait.

1 Like

My preference order would be:

1. Method to convert coins from merc A to merc B (at a steep loss, surely, which would be fine).
  2. Consumables - as the OP says, that’s a way to create a long-term ongoing coin sink. At least if the consumables are useful…
  3. Portraits - personally I could not care less, but many people do seem to care. But as TerminalTrip pointed out this isn’t a solution, just a potential side-bonus they could toss in.
1 Like

I have no interest in consumables. The bounties would end up being balanced around consumables, and we wind up with them being required to beat bounties. Being able to buy portraits or coins for other mercs appeals to my completionism. If we completely run out of portraits and have 100% maxed mercs, then being able to use mercenary coin to buy hearthstone gold, dust, mercenary packs, or hearthstone packs might be workable.

I’d pretty much be happy with any solution that doesn’t leave me with coins I can do absolutely nothing with. Especially for those that have actually spent money on coins, to continue to accrue them when you have literally nothing you can do with them has got to be infuriating.

I do like your idea, but I’d really like to be able to purchase portraits!

I agree with all three points. The excess coins should convert into an alternate currency like silver or something which can then be used on any of those 3 things. It would give people options and the silver items should be super expensive so you would need a lot of excess coins.

They could add more levels to abilities that won’t affect PvP, give some more incentive to grind too. Could have this in addition to increasing the max level of Mercs.
Could also make something like Masterworking equippables, make them really strong and also again, not PvP as to not break the game too much. Make them super expensive too so it really empties out your pockets of those juicy coins.