Mercenaries Disconnects HS from Internet

For the last couple of days, whenever I click Mercenaries from the main menu, the wheel spins for a second and then an error appears asking me to reconnect. This problem is limited to the Mercenaries game mode (other modes work fine) and occurs EDIT: on all devices. The Scan and Repair feature found no repairs were needed, so I reinstalled the game and restarted my computer, but the disconnect still occurs. Any ideas or advice?

EDIT: Briefly fixed itself after claiming some rewards from the rewards track, then broke again an hour later. HMM

1 Like

Hey there,

Try doing an extended power cycle on your system. Turn off all devices including the modem. Wait 30 minutes, turn on the modem, wait 5 minutes, turn on any network devices, wait 2 minutes, turn on your computer and try the game.

You can try switching your DNS settings to use a free public DNS servers instead of your ISPs Servers:

We do not have individual steps for specific modems or routers so if you need assistance accessing or updating the devices, contact the device maker/provider.

Try running your system in selective startup mode: https://battle.net/support/article/200483

Create a new administrator account: https://battle.net/support/article/34550

Once the account is created, shut down the computer, wait 60 seconds, restart, log into the new profile and try the app/client.

Beyond that I’d suggest:

Testing a different device to see if it is affecting all devices or only your main device.

Testing a different network/connection. This could be a friends internet, or maybe a mobile hotspot (turn off wifi on the device before doing the hotspot) (Or installing the game on the mobile device, disabling wifi and trying to play) That should help narrow things down should the earlier steps not solve the issue.

Same issue, here says disconnect from internet but still can play normal game. also the normal games feels like under water. i have 1 mobile and 2 pc device that plays this hearthstone. same feel across platform even running on 5g network via data from phone and hard lan lines.

2 Likes

it happend after the last patch

2 Likes

I’m having the exact same issue with Mercenaries. I play everyday and this is the first time I’ve encountered it. All day, I’ve been unable to successfully get into Mercenaries. I can play constructed and BG’s just fine. I click on Mercenaries from the hearthstone title screen and get the spinning hearthstone for about 10 seconds and then a ‘disconnect from the internet’ error message and it logs me out. This occurs on my PC. At this point, Mercenaries is unplayable.

3 Likes

i have the same issue, its not from our internet its from the last update !!

3 Likes

it dose the same on the mobile app as well on the pc my internet is ok network all fine, test it out because its annoying

2 Likes

I have the same issue. Connection is ok. Can’t get into Mercenaries menu, every other mods work fine. It happened after editing team in Mercenaries. Can’t login with PC neither Android phone.

1 Like

Same here, on all devices

1 Like

what…is this a troll?

Having the same problem now too. First I was getting issues amending mercenary parties in the tavern, then started getting the disconnect message yesterday evening (nothing wrong with my internet connection outside of the game), now this morning it won’t load battlegrounds either.

1 Like

I’ve got the same issue on mobile using data on the road and on my laptop using my home wifi so I know it’s not my modem. Cycling the modem as recommended is Blizzard’s way of brushing this off to the end user rather than fixing this bug. Oh well, I guess I’m done playing mercenaries until they fix it.

Please fix this bug. Thank you!

All the recommendations above are not going to do anything. Considering that I can’t play mercenaries on my phone using my data when not at home.

This problem recurs on multiple devices and multiple internet sources (I happened to drive to another state and plugged a different device into a different ISP, trying both wired and wireless). It appears to be a problem with the coding of the latest patch?

If the issue is happening on multiple devices using completely separate internet connections then it is indeed possible there is a larger issue. The troubleshooting is not to assign blame but rule out potential causes so we can find the source of the problem.

I did personally attempt to replicate the issue across multiple devices on multiple connections myself and was unable to. (My own time and my own devices/internet/cellular services)

Galaxy S20, Galaxy S9, TCL 10 x 2. ATT Fiber Wifi and Tmobile Cellular (as well as hotspot) I used 3 different battle.net accounts and one as a new user signup without a battle.net account. I haven’t encountered any issues as of yet.

Now to be fair I’ve not made much progress in mercenaries on any of these accounts and I have seen reports when mercenaries first launched of disconnection or loading issues after completing a specific task/bounty. (which were since fixed)

If it appears to be happening to folks after completing the same content then it is most likely a bug and I just haven’t gotten far enough to encounter it, It could also be account specific and none of my accounts are affected. It could be a connection issue just more widespread than a local network issue.

The vast majority of players are doing so without issue and not everyone is being affected so the only thing we can do is to continue troubleshooting, report potential bugs in the bug report forums and try potential work arounds as we come up with them.

There are enough people in this thread to suggest something is indeed happening so the best course of action is to get more information.

Feel free to reply back with the following:

For Mobile Users:
Make Model of device(s):
OS Version(s):
Cellular Service Provider(s):
ISP:

PC Users:
OS version:
CPU/GPU make/model:
ISP:

Similar problem here, I can start 1 game maybe two. if I try to edit a team roster or turn two or three pages in the roster pages everything goes blank. I have a screen shot of the blank mercenaries page but not sure how to post it here.

Problem is with both phone and PC, and on wifi at multiple location, and cellular.

5 days no fix, now even the normal mode gets Bugged if you dont restart pc after trying to access mercenaries.
Unistalling

Same problem. I also noted that it happened after the patch.

sometimes I manage to log in to mercenaries but I get disconnected when I try to start a bounty or system freezes.

I have also noticed strange bugs such as completed achievements and rewards that cannot be redeemed (they do nothing when you click on them, but are granted upon re-loading the game); and the game sometimes freezing when I rename a Merc team (on those occasions when the Mercs mode functions).

I’ve been seeing this problem in Mercenaries for over a week on iPad OS 15.4.1 via Google Fiber. No problems in other parts of the app or on other apps.