Merc mode work in progress

After reading many of the complaints about the mode I thought I’d give my 2 cents about something I wish they did.

For me I think going forward they did to add raids. Larger more detailed runs that have multiple bosses that each reward coins and the path through the raid remains randomized but in such a way that bosses are always all accessible through all paths, but also have alternate routes where you may get the chance to skip a boss or two if you don’t like their coin drop. I’d like these to be more story filled as dungeons or bounties seem to greatly lack any identity other than, kill x boss cause bounty. It can be done in hearthstone fashion meaning a quirky or funny story, but give me a reason to go into it. The rpg elements are sorely missing from this game mode.

The combat: red, blue, green I believe was a mistake. First issue is what defines those colours doesn’t seem to be universal across all characters. Ragnaros doing mage dmg but with a red marker for example. I believe having every character be neutral and just allowing more synergies would have made the game more simplistic and have a greater rpg feeling. Ex. This merc and another use fire abilities lemme combine those 2 for greater effect. Than in the actual mode how this plays out is you have 2 fire mercs but one is a colour that is countered by the opponent so if you try to synergize your just throwing him away. The synergy system and the rgb system are counterintuitive to one another. This is my opinion but I’d much rather worry about countering synergies with my own than what arbitrary colour my mercs might be.

Other than that so far I’m enjoying the mode and it’s decently enjoyable to form a team and watch the synergies in action, just wish that’s all it was with a lot more story elements.