[Main Thread] - IOS Crashing on Devices with 2GB/3GB RAM

Is anyone else experiencing this still? App in my iphone 7 crashes on multiple situations:

• When I finish a game: ALWAYS CRASH
  • When starting again: 50/50
  • When I try to make a new deck: 50/50

I was coming back to the game after 1 year without playing, and I am really dissapointed. The game is unplayable

8 Likes

Yup! After just fixing the crash problem in Jan/feb - the latest addition of the dragons brought back the crashing with them… This is ridiculous!

2 Likes

Thank you for the report! The iPad Pro issue was resolved, but the low memory device issues (2-3GB of RAM or less) is still something that our team is investigating. Our team has been able to replicate this issue on the current build and are working on a resolution.

If anyone else is still experiencing the issue, please include the following:

• Device Model
  • iOS Version
  • When does the crash happen?
4 Likes

device: iphone 6
ios version: 12.4.5

previously, crash was happening when loading into tavern brawl, while cards were loading. uninstalled hearthstone and reinstalled it and was able to play a tavern brawl game fine. didn’t have time to test more. game is very laggy on certain animations (puzzle box of yogg saron made me cringe) and lags a bit going from one area of the game to another.

additional info: phone was on strong wifi connection and plugged into power source, if that makes any difference.

1 Like

6th gen iPad
IOS 13.3.1
37.1 GB of 128 GB used
Happens during battlegrounds play (regularly but not every game) - sometimes it will resume when I quickly reopen the game but sometimes not -

2 Likes

And now it’s crashing during regular play and won’t reconnect… just keeps crashing!

1 Like

It’s worse today… I can’t finish playing battlegrounds or tavern brawl… it crashes and won’t resume- I refuse to even try playing ranked because that would be useless with the game performing (or not) as it is
Please give an estimated time frame to fix this… I have loved this game for years but am so frustrated I’m ready to walk away

2 Likes

iPad Air
iOS 10.3.3
When the progress bar for entering a game comes up.

However,let me state this again, I really think the problem is with memory and animations. Back when I almost could play the game, the game got increasingly slower with each drawn animation. I then had to force quit and restart the game to be able to play (because the game got so slow I could not play my own hand).
That tendency remains, I just - edit: as in that’s all I did - entered my collection and at the drawing of my existing decks the game is already having great problems drawing them. Please give us an “no animations”-option. And when I say no animations I mean no animations. Or reduce the memory usage a lot. Or ideally both.
PS. My iPhone, same iOS, same internal memory, has no or few problems, but the screen is so small I have problems reading the card text.

2 Likes

Any update? My issue is clearly not low RAM
only 37 of 128 GB being used
6th gen iPad
iOS 13.3.1
but crashing continues and it can’t resume… I’m losing because the game can’t stay in play… I can’t even get my daily quests done because of this… please advise

2 Likes

iPhone X
iOS 13.3.1
HS 16.4.42698

Can’t sign in. Once I tap, app crashes. Every time.

3 Likes

The latest update for iOS on an iPad7 constantly is crashing on game animations to the point it is unplayable. The easiest way I have been able to consistently reproduce this is playing the Boomsday Project Puzzles and resetting the puzzle will immediately cause the app to crash. Other in game animations such as returning minions and deathrattles will also frequently trigger a crash as well it seems.

1 Like

Updated the title to reflect the latest patch. The low memory (1-3GB) issue is still an issue that our team is looking into.

2 Likes

iPhone6s
Crashes when I try to resume my solo adventure battle

2 Likes

A post was merged into an existing topic: HS:CT;NetCacheCardValues=2/ Loading Screen

iPad Air
Crashes midway through every game. Game noticeably slows prior to crash. Unable to reconnect to game; app repeatedly crashes while attempting reconnect.

1 Like

I will second the request for a “no animations” mode. I love the animations, but they are clearly the problem.

4 Likes

I personally think that’s a great idea to have that as an option, especially for devices we’ve seen with this issue. It adds a layer of troubleshooting for us and an option for those experiencing the iOS crashes or other issues within the game.

The technical forums only assists with troubleshooting. While sometimes we gather details and information for bugs or compatibility issues such as the iOS crashes here, feedback and suggestions will need to be directed to our #community-discussion so that it will reach our developers and engineers who can make these changes. I’ll leave a note of this suggestion though just in case :slight_smile:

3 Likes

I was playing pve content and my hs on iOS crashed. Whenever I go to launch the game it says reconnecting to game then crashes out again. Unfortunately I do not want to reinstall the game due to its massive file size

So I did uninstall and reinstall, still won’t launch. So it’s 100% unplayable on mobile.

3 Likes

The exact same thing happened to me. iOS: Crashed on the final boss on one of the solo adventures. On startup, the disconnect/reconnect message appears and crashes again. When I changed my password I can select another region and it loads fine, but I whenever I go back to my normal region the crashes continue. At this point, I’m locked out of my normal NA server, where I have everything and it sucks.

1 Like

Is there a better option than #community-discussion? Won’t it get lost amidst all of the kvetching about how Hearthstone has been ruined? :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like