[Main Thread] Google Pixel 6/7 Crashing in Collection

Pixel 6 pro user here,
Game has been crashing on collection for months, has been crashing multiple times loading in game or in game since a few weeks. Usually on an action/animation ending like a card being drawn or a minion being hit by a spell or dying but it always crashes mid animation.
Idk if that’s any help

Pixel 6 user here. Also experiencing freezing. If I force quit and try to reload, it sometimes freezes before rejoining. Even if I rejoin, it usually freezes again within a minute or two. I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling, clearing cache, etc, and the problem is still persisting.

2 Likes

Pixel 6 user.

Installed the game a few months ago, playing Mercs primarily. 5 hours of play and no issue, then the game would lock up and black screen. Music still plays, but i have to close the app. Happened only when entering a game, the menu and collection navigation was fine. Initially thought it might have been a GPU issue and maybe was played too much, but it would happen on a fresh resetart of my phone, and once i logged into the game from desktop, seemed to resolve itself for a limited period of time, but then would still crash.

Been ok for the last few weeks, but since the recent update, has re-occured and now is replicating crash even from the main Merc screen with no action. So menu navigation isn’t even possible.

Can confirm reinstall has not resolved the issue nor the lesser suggestions of cache clearing etc.

This has rendered the game unplayable on mobile. I dont think it should be an issue to run a 2014 card game on a late 2021 year phone in 2023.

4 Likes

I don’t intend to hijack this thread, but can your side give any sort of response to the infinity loop thread??

1 Like

I’m experiencing the same issue on my Pixel 6. The game hard crashes as soon as I open the collection. It frequently crashes mid-game too. Re-install didn’t help.

4 Likes

Another Pixel 6 here.

Glad I could pay 300$ to not be able to play the game. Constantly freezes and crashes. Going into collection, duels, tavern brawl, doesn’t matter, even solo adventures. And once lucky enough to get into a game it doesn’t matter who’s turn, beginning or end of turn, constantly freezes and black screens.

Clear cache, full reinstall does nothing.

The game is now completely unplayable.

1 Like

Google Pixel 6 user - major issues after the update. Cleared cache, reinstalled ect.

The game constantly crashes. Nothing helps.

It’s completely unplayable. I’ve spent alot of money and time on this game and if a fix is not issued soon out might finally be time to quit.

Let’s see if Blizzard actually does something other than telling me to reinstall the game. Anyone impacted should be compensated!

3 Likes

Same issue as everyone else here. Google pixel 6. Guaranteed crash when going in to collections. Crashes many times in game as well. Reinstalling app/clearing cache does nothing.

1 Like

One more Pixel 6 Pro user here. Reliably crashes 30-60 seconds after entering Collection or playing any kind of match. :frowning:

Unplayable. :frowning:

Glad at least that it’s not just me.

2 Likes

Pixel 7 Pro and also crashing in Battlegrounds as soon as the game loads up. Restart, clear cache, etc., doesn’t help.
Completely unplayable.

3 Likes

Nope, cleared cache, cleared user data, and also did a full reinstall. None of those worked. I’m on a pixel 6.

2 Likes

Same here with Pixel6. HS IS playable right after clean install until additional content is downloaded, then it freezes in game on in collection.

Pixel 6 User here.
I have the same issues as everyone else here.
Game Crashes in collection and in the middle of the games.
Absolutely unplayable right now.
Reinstall doesnt helped at all.
Sorry for my bad english. I’m not a native speaker :smiley:

2 Likes

Pixel 6a user, screen goes black during game, phone takes a while to unlock after these freezes. Reinstalling the game does not solve the issue. Can reconnect but the issue normally happens again a turn later.

1 Like

Same issue on a Pixel 7, Android 13. I’m playing on mobile only. There have been performance issues on mobile for a long time already, notably the shop. When is this getting some more priority?

1 Like

Using a pixel 6, Android 13, same issue.

Locks to black screen every time I try to open collection (always during opening animation) and 1 or more times almost every game played (seemingly random times).

Problem only has occurred for me since last HS update, and was the same before and after the last Pixel update.

1 Like

same issues here on pixel 6. collection always crashes. regular games freeze constantly. tavern brawl and arena work fine.

Broken and unplayable for 3 days on a flagship Android phone series. This is really disheartening. Any updates guys?

Do we have any idea if there are particular triggers for this that we can maybe at least avoid so that we can play? A specific mode, a specific type of card, something that could be disabled to allow the game to run?

1 Like

It usually first freezes when the lobby heroes are presented (timer shows 41 seconds). Then off and on while in the buying phase.

I am very frustrated. I see other Pixel 6/7 users are having similar issues but I don’t see battlegrounds posts - so here one is.

5 Likes

I’ve been complaining about the collection crashing issue for a while. Hopefully they will acknowledge and fix the problems their mobile client seems to have with Google devices.

1 Like