[Main Thread] Cannot connect to Hearthstone on Mobile Data

I understand your frustration, the requirement of using a vpn can be a bit annoying as well. When I have some spare time I will begin looking for solutions that will circumvent the need for downloading a vpn and can be done directly within your phone. I don’t think changing carrier settings for ipv4/ipv6 and switching to 3g is the answer, I do however have some theories on how to get things working again without a vpn. I should be able to test on my devices later this evening.

Another big update – another big no-fix

Look at my posts above for a solution.

Still doesn’t work. Almost been a full year now.

I’m still having this issue changing the IP4 to iP6 didn’t fix it

Happy Birthday! It’s been one full year since we’ve been able to connect on mobile data.

Outstanding.

2 Likes

I just learned that I can get a free TMobile Sim card for my phone through Sprint…
We’ll see if that changes anything for me when it comes in.

Please refer to my above posts for the working fix I’ve provided

I did that a number of months ago and it didn’t get rid of the problem, sadly.
Edit: commenting to the Tmobile Sim change.

Well just changing my Sim from Sprint to TMobile didn’t fix it by itself, however I went from being unable to edit my Access Point settings (was always grayed put for me on Sprint for some reason) to being able to create a new Access Point that enables IPV4/IPV6 APN protocol instead of just the default IPV6 that I was previously stuck with.

Seems to have sorted the problem for me. I am able to connect on 4g data again for the moment.

1 Like

So Im very happy you posted this because once I switched to a Tmobile Sim, I didn’t realize I could now change my Access Point. I did what you wrote and HS is now working on mobile data without a VPN. Thanks!

Edit: It still pisses me off that Blizz abandoned this thread and the main problem has persisted for over a year.

A year later and still can’t play on mobile without a VPN. All of the other workarounds have been unreliable (sometimes works, but usually doesn’t).

1 Like

Using a VPN didn’t work for me

Started out as genuine incompetence. Turned into convenient indifference.
Can’t fail if they don’t try.

Hearthstone won’t load past the tavern doors. Emblem glows like the app is working. I tried the VPN solution and it didn’t work. Since a large number of people are having this issue I assume Blizzard is working on it.

Samsung Galaxy A50 w/ Android Version 10

After the last update, it stopped working for me to (mobile data play). Wifi still worked.

So, I uninstalled the game, reinstalled, it still did not work (stuck on doors screen).
Then, I switch my Connections/Mobile Networks/Access Point Name to the one I made for Hearthstone, and it worked!

Usually I would just toggle between my default Access point settings and the Hearthstone, and go back again to get it to work, but for 2 days it did not work.

Yeah…be nice if they fix the stack issue. I can only imagine them arguing with Google about something they did in an update 2 years ago. They should fix this as no other game/app has this problem.

It dont work with my WiFi eighter. I have a Samsung Tablet.

2 july 2021 still not fix

1 Like

It’s fixed for me Galaxy S10+ Anyone else?

So just switched Sim cards from sprint to t-mobile the issue still persists