Mage OTK deck in standard

I was wondering if I just got really unlucky or if the mage OTK deck is very consistent in the standard mode? because I have recently had to games against them that they finished me of from full health with a few large minions by turn 7. I had not run into any of these OTK decks before.

The mage deck uses the 3/8 that gains +1 spell damage whenever you play a spell and the auctioneers, sorcerers apprentice and a bunch of low cost spells including the new one that refreshes 2 mana.

it is quite consistent peole just havent caught up on it yet

thanks for the reply, although I still feel robbed of a win. Is there any good way to counter it?

havent thought of that one yet

VS says it’s tier 2. Do you think that is settled or will it climb?

You’re really unlucky. Sorry about that.

(that or it’s more consistent/powerful than we know right now)

VS said that? Where?

They haven’t published a report since Darkmoon Races released.

As far as I am concerned Mage OTK is garbage.

Did I misinterpret? I thought the last VS report was current.

It’s interesting to say that is the type of deck that is just TOO fast for people mind if you consider their comfort zone.

You can consistently pull it on turn 8 or 7 if you life to it.

So…
Even if it turns to be decent it gonna get nerfs by just being playable if that happens.

No. Tomorrow’s report will be the first post Darkmoon Races release.

And the only Tier 2 Mage deck I see in the last report is Secret.

1 Like

It’s very, very consistent but if Mozaki is in your last 10 cards you’re probably dead unless playing against a super slow opponent who doesn’t twig to what you’re doing and go on the offense. Then again if he’s in your opening hand and you find even a single discounter and cram sessions there’s a very good chance you win turn 5 or 6 (depending on the rest of your draws and if the enemy has already smashed your face in or not.)

It’s better in wild thanks to Research Project but has more hate thanks to secret mage.

VS has said that the next report is actually going to be a bit delayed, so their first post–Darkmoon Races report is going to be on Sunday:

2 Likes

Thanks for the update!

1 Like

Thank you all for the information. The VS report sounds very interesting where might I find it when it comes out?

It usually comes out on Thursdays, but this week’s is happening on Sunday.

Here’s their site if you want to check out previous reports n such. They also have a podcast every week further elaborating on the report and general meta activity.

1 Like

Its a very fun deck,made me buy the expansion.
You still need to be bit lucky,you really need auctioner or at least arcane intelect else you miss to much draw so i more or less hard mull for those.
Not sure that is correct btw,so if anyone knows a mulligan guide pls share.

Also i am wondering why poltkelt is not beeing played.
Wouldnt it be better to switch one auctioner for poltkelt as it will draw the other auctioner as well as mozaki in the next 2 turns or am i missing something?

I dont think it will get better as its probably still to slow against agro even though it seems to be 2-3 turns faster then the previous poltkelt deck.

You don’t want to draw for two turns, especially not if the first one is auctioneer. Auctioneer is only there to find Mozaki. After that it’s often best to kill him yourself. Otherwise cram session will fatigue you to death.

Polkelt on 5 to auctioneer on 6 to finally getting Mozaki on 7 means you died on six.

mozaki otk is back? damn. Thats pretty neat.

I’m not crazy about the deck. Seems complicated and gimicky.

Over draw is an issue,the handseize isnt so easy to manage either but its fun and it seems pretty decent.

The opponent sometimes has a neat counter by making it unable to kill of your auctioner,not playing anything. Though no opponent did that thus far against me.
You cant really afford to wait either because you will burn the card that you topdeck every turn as you cant play anything from hand lol.

I can see why no poltkelt. Another card to keep is incanters flow and cookie as well i think,though if you then dont get auctioner or intelect then you are kinda done.