Maestra of the Masquerade bug

Maestra of the Masquerade isnt working properly, it doesnt change the starting class which have cost me alot of games, this is a link for a reference video. (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q2c6p8oXMRo) The bug started after the “Mercenaries” update. Please take a look at it

7 Likes

I can confirm this bug. Exactly like Sebcrow said: Maestra is not working properly. In most cases I am Valeera with the Maestra deck, sometimes Anduin (Anduin was the only working transformation in my last test session).

Please fix this! Golden Maestra was an expensive craft - not nice to see it’s not working after this huge investment! :frowning:

Side note here: My Rogue isn’t Golden - but my Maestra is. In cases I start as a Maestra-Rogue I should be golden until I play a Rogue card. Why? Because even I do now there is the Maestra animation, taking away the “mask”. So in the Rogue-Rogue case it should be the golden mask taken away! :wink:

1 Like

I thought again about it. Maestras card text says: “You start the game as a different class until you play a Rogue card.”

It should be impossible to get out as a Rogue while playing Maestra. Only the other 9 classes should be possible as a transformation match. It’s not only the card text, the idea of the card is to wear a mask to deceive someone. No Rogue would wear a Rogue costume… So please fix that!

1 Like

The bug is still not solved.

1 Like

Does anybody know if the achievement works? After many many games started I still didn´t get Shaman or DemonHunter. Therefore I got Rogueskin in some games. But it doesn´t matter for the achievement. It counts anyway. But I just don´t get DemonHunter or shaman. Just wanna know if this is waste of time atm, cause of a bug.

1 Like

It is 9/15 and the bug Is still there, if they dont want to fix it at least return the dust we have spend crafting it!

1 Like

Quote from current patch note:
" * Fixed a bug where Maestra of the Masquerade would sometimes have you start the game as a Rogue (not her best disguise)."

The bug is still NOT solved! I tryed it out: Valeera, Valeera, Valeera, Anduin, Valeera

It’s like before the patch. :frowning:

2 Likes

Yeah, It Is indeed still bugged, I would prefer a dust refound at this point

1 Like

It is still bugged. It’s really annoying

1 Like

Same pliz some devs answer and fix

1 Like

It looks like the developers don’t care, the bug has been in the game for more than three months.

1 Like

Happens very frequently for a very long time, please fix it!

1 Like

For anyone who has that issue, if you change your hero portrait to default one it gets fixed.
Obviously, some hero portraits have that issue, I have just discovered it thanks to twitch chat.
I was having the bug with Nightslayer Valeera.

Edit I:
-Can confirm bug occurs with Nightslayer Valeera and Maiev Shadowsong
-Can confirm bug doesn’t occur with the default hero portrait and TitanBlade Valeera

Please feel free to coin further portraits until it gets fixed, perhaps it helps.

Edit II: A secondary quite minor (cosmetic) issue is that some golden heroes are not showing golden (especially at high ladder might give a bigger hint out - although I haven’t seen many high ranked players including the card, except one, to be precise).

1 Like

Problem still not fixed! It’s been months. And I’m using the original hero portrait – I’ve never changed any of my hero portraits from the default.

Very annoying and often means the difference between a win and a loss

2 Likes

I have default Valeera and it somehow still doesnt work. Im on an apple Ipad, if that means anything.

1 Like

I can also confirm that I have the default Valeera portrait and this bug still occurs often. I can’t believe this hasn’t been fixed yet.

2 Likes

its annoying af, bug hasn’t been fixed …
could they at least give full dust from this card, if they are not able to fix it?

1 Like

I just gave up and dusted the card, I dont know what is happening with the hearthstone team, been so sloppy lately, maybe focusing in new content way too much? I prefer a stable and polished game than have like 5 gamemodes (that arent very popular btw), and now the Edwin VanCleef hero portrait is bugged in the collection in both mobile and desktop! please blizzard, this is really anoying, you guys are not an indie company

Me too.please blizzard fix it.

Sad to hear this, because now there IS a solution there! I got it from Zeddys new video: You need to have a favorite hero with ALL classes. (Also classes you only got the basic portrait. Also there you can push the favorite-button. I did.) After this Maestra works! After I have seen the video I did it with all heros and also for me: It WORKED! Maestra changes the hero every game.

It’s not a solution from Blizzard but a big help from the community! :slight_smile:

4 Likes