Mad bomber three times in a row

This is seriously messed up, first two times I played him he had one minion on board and I had none, both times it hit me three times.

Third time I played him he had two minions and I had one minion with three health, and it hits my minion three times

Thats nothing. Go to wild and craft Madder Bomber. Then see how that guy lands all 6 bombs on your face with 10 other minions on board :wink:

2 Likes

This is seriously a much to small number of instances to make any claims about a non-random distribution of the bombs.
Remember, random means random, not an even distribution of events.

1 Like

Arena I assume? 20 characters

Yuppers, arena 10 chars

2 Likes

Rng is rng, i once played a brukaned (2x cast) devolving missles on a midrange pally who cast blessing of authority on a handbuffed 4/4-> 12/12 divine shield, as well as a +10/10 buffed 11/11 argent squire, and a 4/7 lifesteal and then tapped.

So the board was 12/12 divine shield taunt, 11/11 argent squire, 4/7 lifesteal, and a 1/1 recruit.

I had 6 casts.

Guess which card devolving missles decided to hit 5 times?

Did you guess Taunt dummy?

Since that’s exactly what happened. The Devolving missles hit the recruit, devolved into a 0/2 taunt dummy, all 3 casts… All good, i still had 3 more and a 75% chance to hit anything else each cast!

Lo and behold!! The exact same pattern repeated and the taunt dummy took all 3 hits again… even though it wasn’t doing anything. XD

So yeah, with like 4 threats on the board all 6 cards hit the same recruit twice.

Wasn’t even angry at losing the match, both of us emoted for a moment at it, then the pally dropped a battlemaster… considerered going for lethal… Hit once… then stopped… Paused… And… then just passed… XD

I just gave him it, i was just done lmao. Chance of that was like, a 1/4th chance repeated 6 times lmao,4 x 4 x 4 = 64, 64 x 64 = probably like some 1/4000 chance napkin math lmao.

1 Like

I had truly fantastic encounter during a Tavern Brawl last year or so.
I have full board of 1/1 minions and I am at 1 Health
He is at 6 Health and empty board.
He plays Madder Bomber
So I am like - OMFG - he gonna clear my board and/or kill me
…
All 6 bombs land on his face! I win :wink:

2 Likes

Use Mad Bomber or Madder Bomber at your own risk. Another funny card is the sometimes-suicidal Trick Totem.

For his particular example, yes. But, if you played mad bomber on a near full boards three times the chances of it hitting yourself 9 times in the face is pretty astronomical (1/38 billion).

So a sample size of three isn’t necessarily invalid, just for this particular instance.

Hang on i’m getting hearthstone rng ptsd flashbacks lmao.

Honestly, i wouldn’t be surprised if hearthstone’s patterns were slightly less rng then we expected. Like you can see it normal, but sometimes just some exact gameplay patterns just feel like they repeat over and over. Like brukan casts sometimes even when they hit 3 different targets, will repeat the same 3 targets in the exact same order ± 1 on the 2nd cast too.

Probably maybe just confirmation bias, but some things seem same lol. Whenever rngCheesus will screw someone over, it will lmao. I mean, didn’t the imprisoned felhound have like a 50% chance to hit face instead of random minons, regardless of number on the board lmao? XD

back when I played EverQuest, its RNg was known to produce numbers in bunches.
It used 6 second ticks for processing pretty much everything. So anything required RNg number pulled within same 6 second interval had very little difference.
For example if you would hit a monster 6 times in 6 seconds, with a weapon that hits somewhere between 10 and 50 dmg, you would get 6 random hits like this: 37.39.32,33,35,40
Next 6 seconds you would get: 15,12,16,17,12,13 etc
Or 6 people rolling for loot at the same time in 1 to 100 range would suddenly end up with numbers like: 99,98,97,95,93,91

1 Like

RNGesus doesn’t love you i guess. :joy:

That is some rotten luck though, but it happens.

You know what? I played mad bomber hoping it to hit me jn the face, 2 bomber 6 hit all on enemy hero face…

2 Likes

Don’t think so.
Three Mad Bombers played are three individual actions - with, again, three individual explosions on random selected targets. Unless I’m very mistaken you can’t just chain all these actions together to reach this ridiculous number.
Maybe someone with more knowledge in math can verify or falsify this.

This is just random like every random card in this game except for the Dragonbane, I played against this cursed card hundreds of times and never, not even once, the card was random, every single time the “random” effect was exactly the same if the opponent choose the freaking target.

Need to hit the 5 health taunt minion? Sure.

Need to hit my face with 7 minions in my board? Why not?

Cool.
When I played it, more often than not it landed on the neglectable 1/1 token instead.

I can haz your version?

This is a good point in that RNG doesn’t care about your intentions nor desires. People feel like the algorithm knows what you want. It doesn’t. Sometimes RNG aligns with what you want and other times, well.

RNG don’t care.

I had 40 health once as Priest with a full board and this mage player played a rag and copied it 5 times. 6 rags on board. All of them hit me face even with my full board.

Come back when your luck is that bad.

3 Likes

You are a legend. ^^

One of those Rags wasn’t a team player. They could have hit you five times and killed a minion along with you. The sixth Rag hit on you was just overkill.