Losing Ranked Non Stop ( Not a good Feeling to accept irl )

Ok what do you do… If you wanna play ranked.

But all you do is Lose, Lose, Lose, Lose, Lose, Lose, Lose, Lose, Lose, Lose, Lose, Lose, Lose…

I mean you get card backs… for winning 5 ranked games…

But no troll, i’m being serious… What if you can’t even win Ranked…

How is that fair, that only “players who win” can get these card backs…

I understand the game is challenging.

But put yourself in someone else’s shoes, who sucks horribly… but wants the items Hearthstone offers…

It’s kind of Degrading to the player… Since he’s so bad at the game… Yet other’s can get items, and card packs, for doing ranked mode.

Seriously i’m not trying to troll… I just feel the game isn’t well developed…

The only people who profit from this game, are those who literally put money into it.

Not everyone’s rich… Yet… those who are poor, and suck, and have no friends via game… How are they suppose to be apart of the community.

If all the community cares about is money… There has to be a better way to get card backs, and other items…

Seriously, does the game developers, do they get off to people losing…

It’s not a good feeling, when you look at your game play, and you lose non stop…

If anything it makes you feel depressed, and like a loser irl.

Games shouldn’t do that to people… but again… it’s me Versus the whole community… So i doubt any Developers will take this thread seriously.

it just Saddens me… that all people care about are wins, where’s the Empathy, And Sympathy, and Support… i don’t see it…

And for the record i’m “not asking for free wins” I just don’t understand how people can win ranked with bad cards… and if you are on a very low fixed income… you really can’t buy more it’s just very disturbing that games from 2010 and up have always preyed on people and games shouldn’t do that…

And if none of you who read this, understand what i’m talking about… Then you obviously have extra money to buy packs, or you have friends who help you get ranked wins… As for me… i have myself… nobody else, no extra money.

Just upsets me that P2P is how games work, they shouldn’t do that… the whole world there’s only a handful of people who are wealthy, so alot of people struggle with making alot of extra money for every game they play that requires P2P.

There has to be another way to get these in game items… without paying, there just has to be…

Believe me, the game is NOT developed in such a way that only those who pay can get wins.
Sure, having access to more cards so you can build better decks helps. But skill in the game, which comes with experience, helps way more. I myself have never paid a single penny for this game. My highest rank ever was 4, in a month where I put a lot of effort into leveling. If I wanted to I could probably get there again, thought I don’t think I have enough skill to reach legend. I now mostly cruise between 10 and 20 and spend a lot of time playing other games modes. After all, I care more about having fun than about my rank.

If you are on a new account, then you will have started at rank 50. I made a new account a few months back to see what the experience is like at those ranks. And I quickly noticed that both paying and free players in those ranks play at a much lower skill level than the opponents I face on my normal account. (I stopped playing after a while because it didn’t feel good or rewarding to win against people that are obviously far less experienced than I am).

If you are at rank 50, and you do not manage to get any wins there, then you are making wrong choices. Even without buying any extra packs and playing only with basic cards and those you get from free packs, you should be able to get at least 30-40% win rate. And once you really learn to understand the game mechanics, you should definitely be able to get that above 50%.

I have a suggestion for you. Please install hsdecktracker (https://hsreplay.net/downloads/) and ensure that the option to upload all games to hsreplay.net is active. Play a few games, then post links to those games here (you can post links by using the “preformatted text” option (</>). I, or others on this forum, can then review your deck and games, give suggestions on how you could have played better, and explain why that is better. If you are willing to expose yourself to this type of (constructive) criticism, and if you are willing to seriously consider that your losses may indeed be your own fault and then learn from those faults, you will discover that you can get better at the game.

Luckily, there are some ways.

• Daily quests can be rerolled. If you struggle to win, reroll one quest daily that requires you to win. There are several quests that advance without winning, so don’t re-roll those and do re-roll those that you cannot complete.
  • Tavern Brawl rewards one free pack each week for the first win. This can be hard in weeks where you need to build a deck from your own collection, but in weeks where you get assigned a premade or a random deck, you have a chance. (Especially in the random ones, because sometimes one player will simply get much better cards than the other, and there’s 50% chance of you being that player each game).
2 Likes

With the right game knowledge, and in-game decisions, one can go ahead and win games, even with unrefined decks and “bad cards”

I feel like there is way too much emphasis on needing to get all the best 30 cards to “complete” a deck just to even climb out of Rank 20. So how can someone who doesn’t have a big collection, not have 2 copies of each card, have some fun and have close to 50% win rate?

I hopped on EU server a while back, where I don’t have a big collection, just some crafted Hunter cards from previous rotation. Made 3 decks, with just the stuff I had opened, and won most games to Rank 14.

https://imgur.com/a/juPpUaA

These decks aren’t even “good”, yet as I was playing, it was my decision making vs the opponent’s decision making, making a difference. Now it’s hard to summarise what decisions I made in a forum post like this, but tempoing out minions and keeping the board as Hunter, or holding back removal by predicting opponent’s cards as Priest, is the general idea.

I do have an old video series where I take a new F2P account to win against the bunch of meta decks that pop up at low ranks these days, if you want a better idea: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL6fLhNPk_1Twj8mN6-pax4XrznUClzSA3

Would like to make a new series, more updated and concise to help those new and F2P.

Every expansion, streamers make decks with no rares or higher. All common or basic. That you can use to do decent. Even if you don’t like the deck, you can use it to get wins. You should search “budget decks” on YouTube. I’m sure you have bad rates or epics you can dust to get the commons you need.

Note that many of those decks can be improved with the right rare cards, it’s just that the deck does OK without them.

If you are interested in me watching you and helping real time, add me if you’re on NA. MeltedWater#1790

There are a lot of decks from a guy named I believe Old Guardian(?) Correct me if I’m wrong guys… He made a bunch of decks that have only rares and common cards that can climb to Rank 5 with determination. I’m not saying you’ll win 55% of your games! Please don’t get it confused… but I am saying that you can win games and get near legend with decks that don’t run a single epic or legendary card.

Yes, this means you will more than likely, be playing an aggro minion based deck, and of course that’s not everyone’s cup of tea. However, there are answers, and they have been proven to work. Don’t give up hope, just change your point of view… You probably want to play a specific deck you make, or something. Like all card games, that’s a risky move, that can be rewarding, but in most cases, it’s not the case.

Just at the very least, look at Old Guardian’s Budget decks online.

wwwDOThearthpwnDOTcom /news/6714-old-guardians-budget-run-to-legend-no-epic-or

Get some ideas if nothing else for your own creation, because these decks work, and they cost less than a single Legendary. You don’t need Legendary cards to win games, despite what the pros may have you believe.

Let me leave off with a good example. Khadgar is awesome, and everyone wants to play him if you’re not against Warrior lol… but you more than likely will never see him in half your games. You’ll STILL WIN THOSE GAMES! Same goes for Antonidus! (Except for against Warrior…I’m gonna keep saying that because it’s simply true), you will still win games without these Legendaries in Spell Mage decks. A full Epic and Rare Spell Mage has a pretty good chance to hit Legendary, because I promise you in so many, many games you never see either Legendary lol… and you still win those games…! So don’t lose hope m’dude!

1 Like

If you’re interested, here’s a Murloc Shaman deck list that will get you far if you play it well. But even if you don’t play it well, you could win a lot of games. And if all you care about is winning occasionally, and not climbing the ranks, then it should be fine.

Murloc Shaman

Class: Shaman

Format: Standard

Year of the Dragon

2x (1) Earth Shock

2x (1) Grimscale Oracle

2x (1) Murloc Tidecaller

2x (1) Sludge Slurper

2x (1) Toxfin

2x (2) Bluegill Warrior

2x (2) Ghost Light Angler

2x (2) Hench-Clan Hogsteed

2x (2) Murloc Tidehunter

2x (2) Soul of the Murloc

2x (2) Underbelly Angler

2x (3) Coldlight Seer

2x (3) Murloc Warleader

2x (4) Murloc Tastyfin

2x (5) Bloodlust

AAECAaoIAA/FA9sD/gPjBf8F0AenCJMJ8PMC4okDjJQDtZgDxpkD9JkDx50DAA==

To use this deck, copy it to your clipboard and create a new deck in Hearthstone

This deck is only 2 cards off what I run. I took out the 2 legendaries and put in Earth Shock instead because, really, it’s a very useful common card that could come in handy in a lot of situations. The deck took me to LEGEND rank this season, so I know it’s possible you can get some wins. The 2 epics are mandatory and so are 8 of the 10 rares, so if that’s out of your budget then nevermind and I’m sorry. But if you don’t have Murloc Tastyfin and you can afford to craft the rest of the deck but not that, you can replace them with Cult Masters instead (which are commons).

If you only care about winning, then just instantly concede when you run into Warriors or Rogues as you will probably lose to them. This deck does well against every other class though.

If you need help piloting the deck, please add me and I’ll watch you and help coach.

Alternately, here’s a Mech Hunter deck that my friend uses that he plays around rank 3-2 and it has only 8 rares and NO epics. It has one legendary but, if you don’t have it, you could replace it with another Tracking.

Mechy Boi

Class: Hunter

Format: Standard

Year of the Dragon

2x (1) Arcane Shot

2x (1) Mecharoo

1x (1) Tracking

2x (2) Dire Wolf Alpha

2x (2) Fireworks Tech

2x (2) Galvanizer

2x (2) Venomizer

2x (2) Whirliglider

2x (3) Animal Companion

2x (3) Bronze Gatekeeper

2x (3) Spider Bomb

2x (3) Ursatron

2x (4) Explodinator

2x (5) Wargear

1x (5) Zilliax

2x (6) Missile Launcher

AAECAR8ClwiggAMOtQPtBtkHpfUC4vUC7/UCufgCqPsCvPwC9v0C1/4CiYADzIEDtpwDAA==

To use this deck, copy it to your clipboard and create a new deck in Hearthstone

I can also help you pilot this deck if you want to play it instead.

As mentioned above, there are even cheaper decks out there that will get you wins sometimes. Best of luck! Hope to hear from you. :slight_smile:

Sounds like you are on tilt. I am pure F2P - always have been, probably always will be. I am currently sitting in legend. No one is feeding me gold or feeding me wins.

If you want some tips or even to practice some games (unfortunately I can only share my decks in ‘challenge a friend’ mode, but if you want to try something I"m happy to share) and you play on the NA server, just hit me up. My username is Beaky#1601.

I’ll consider these tactics, maybe i just need to give up on the game, and focus on life instead…

Games in my opinion are suppose to be fun, and challenging, but i dunno… whenever i lose, i feel hopeless, and depressed, and i kinda make me feel bad about myself.

I understand you can’t win 24 7, but i’m not upset about that… what bothers me… i use basic cards, and i still lose, I can’t really recall the last time i won…

Maybe i’m just getting to old for games, and i should just not really worry too much about em. As a youth i would of probably gotten the hang of i easier, but as an adult i think i should just focus more on life, and not rely on gaming…

Although i do love gaming, i just think… i might have to put a few games away, and not really worry to much. If it’s effecting my health, and making me depressed or have a negative attitude, i definitely think i should just focus on other stuff i’m good at, and not let the game run my life…

But i’ll definitely take all your advice, and information you gave me in and i’ll experiment with it. So we’ll see how things go,

Thanks in advance for all the helpfulness, I do appreciate it. :slight_smile:

I feel you Shadow2k1 ! Today I just played 12 matches in a row. Lost all 12 matches. Some I feel they cheated other I just was unlucky. I made me a Paladin Dragon Deck. I am trying to not going the normal Paladin Mech Deck since I am unlucky with getting them or players going the easy Mage Class Decks.

It does feel degrading to the player losing one right after another. I know how to play but going up against players and losing 90% of the time. It does make me as a player feel like I suck.

I hope and wish you luck in winning and maybe we can add each other as friends. Other then missing out on last year due family issues. I have been playing Hearthstone since 4 years ago.

You generally aren’t going to be relying on your packs to get the cards you need. You’ll be crafting those with dust mostly

That does make more sense Loco1234. Though there are a lot of cards I would like to craft, Haha!

But i don’t have the money or Dust or whatever is used to create cards.

Considering if you Disenchant you get like 20 or 40 dust… it’s very hard to make a solid, good deck.

But what do i know… You posted on another one of my threads, saying i’m a horrible person who needs Therapy.

I mean… you don’t know me irl… Why would you say something about someone you know nothing about? See that’s why this game… needs moderators…

People lie about other players… and get away with it… and it’s kinda disturbing that people would use those kind of tactics, to make the person struggling look so badly…

See Loco you judge people to harsh, I never once harassed, or did anything illegal to you. So before you tell me i’m a liar… my 1 post, everyone was bashing me cuz all i was trying to do was play the game fairly.

But with that being said, i’m just gonna drop the game… because i’m tired of being hated, for playing fairly, and not hacking or stealing other’s cards.

Literally all I said was that I got a message from your account claiming your husband was offering you real gold to challenge me.

You made it very clear to me you were depressed in part because you can’t get a girlfriend.

I called you on that and you said “maybe I was drunk”. I still have access to these messages. I took screenshots of them. Would you like me to post a link to them, or are you going to continue calling me a liar?

And yes, I also said you need therapy because anyone who is contemplating suicide over anything needs mental help. Suicide isn’t the answer.