Lord barov, the secretly op card

Had a druid that cheated animal guardian and anubisath defender on his turn 2 . needless to say, I wasn’t worried, because I had Lord Barov in hand. Dropped that turn 3 and annihilated his poor attempt at cheesing me!

I’m surprisingly pleased with this card. I didn’t think it would be super good, but it can save you in clutch situation early.

Addendum :
The druid still won after cheating out another animal guardian, then Ysera on my turn 6 then overflow on my turn 7 .

Barov is one of several great legendaries in this set. I’m likely going to end up blowing all the dust I’ve hoarded up on this expansion

And yes I’ve played that deck and it’s pure degeneracy.

1 Like

I know right? you would think after using coin, double lightning bloom and animal T2 he would be depleted, but no.

Yeah there are a lot of deck that seems super cool and fun to play. Gonna cost you though !

The good thing is that unlike the last disaster of an expac, every deck seems to have at least one or two counters so far. Of course could just be that it’s still too early for something to start dominating. One thing I’ve noticed so far is that aggro is going to be a really important counter to a bunch of decks. Hopefully they can keep up as slower decks continue to be refined.

1 Like

I’d say he is rather openly OP.

Many streamers recognised the guy’s potential early on.

1 Like