Log-in issue on bnet launcher

Ever since the patch earlier this week, at random times when Bnet launcher is running (but not while game is) the Play button is disabled and when I highlight it it says “This game requires you to log in to Battlenet in order to play.” So then I have to re-log into the client, even though I’m already logged on, then the Play button will be clickable as normal. Any fixes for this? Thanks–

I just came to report the same issue:
https://i.imgur.com/w3QV7bX.png

Opening my profile’s dropdown reveals that the client is “Retrieving details…”

Other games don’t appear to have the same issue, though every one of them except for WoW offers me to Update it - which is odd, because I have automatic updates. The updates seem to work fine too, as does logging into a now-updated game (I tested it with HotS).

Interestingly, once I logged into HotS and then left the game, Hearthstone went back to working properly, and I can now start it just fine.

It’s ~19:40 Central time at the moment, I noticed the issue a few minutes ago.

I have been having the same issue since the update a couple days ago. I am logged in but the Play button for Hearthstone (and only Hearthstone, not other launcher games) is greyed out and says I need to log in. If I log out then relog the Hearthstone Play button becomes active.

I’ve the Same issue, and have made a post here also. I’ve one question for you, do you also Play WoW? I’ve noticed that If the 1st thing I go to play is Hearthstone, I’m fine, the Play button is usable, but if I log into Wow 1st and do my dailies and or Raids for the day, then go to Hearthstone, the Play Button is greyed out. So far the only thing I can do is relaunch BNet, which gets quite annoying.

Yeah been playing WoW Classic almost daily. Interesting that might actually be related to it.

I made a thread yesterday on this before I read this one. to quote myself: Ever since the update this week, every time I switch from one game (generally WoW) to HS on the launcher, the button is disabled with a “this game requires you log in to Bnet in order to play” message, except I’m already logged in to BNet and most of the time talking to friends over the BNet voice chat. In order to play HS I have completely log out of BNet, and log back in. I can switch to whichever BNet game I wish after I’m done, however, if I want to come back to HS the button is again disabled and I again have to log off and on. HS seems to be the only game this is happening with.

So yeah, I’ve been playing retail WoW regularly and have had this issue. The fact I’ve been on retail and not Classic though (I haven’t ever touched Classic) does not lead me to believe that the issue is related to playing on the Classic client.

Classic also causes this Issue, I just had it happen to me again today, After logging out of Classic I decided to play some more HS, and lo and behold, Play button greyed out, “This game requires you log into BNet in order to play.” So something in both Retail and Classic Wow is causing this issue. What this issue is, we have yet to determine. Ball is in your Court Blizzard. both versions of WoW cause the problem.

Same issue here. If I log into WoW (Retail) then the Hearthstone play button greys out. It doesn’t reset until I restart my computer.

Thanks for the reports! Let’s move this over to this thread to keep reports and discussion centralized.