*Lightbulb goes on*

:thinking:

:+1:

7 Likes

Here’s another new card that’s almost certainly going to allow for some crazy combos:
Rare · Spell · Fractured in Alterac Valley · Your minions cost (2) less this turn (but not less than 1).

2 Likes

There’s already an OTK Deck with this card, the new Warrior Legendary Charge Minion, Faceless Manipulator, and Battlemaster for 36 damage.

Time will tell if it’s playable, though the combo is a lot simpler than past Warrior OTKs.

1 Like

It’s a specific 10 mana 4 card combo that also relies on a legendary that can only be a singular copy, with armor setup, as well as being interferable with taunt and the cards are kinda highly situational standalone.

Pirate warrior can already juggernaut + bloodsail + Bloodsail smite and does, but often times the game is just so quick that unless you’re killing someone turn 5-8, you’re going to die the next turn.

I mean high mana high card otks have a place, but even almost psuedo aggro decks or online early decks line turn 6: 8/8 + 8/6 + 5/4 Warlock spreads can happen. Plus they don’t require you to get 15 armor before you use them, which probably eats up another 1-2x more cards too at the very least for a 5-6 card required setup combo.

after you summon is different from once a minion is summoned.

I don’t think it will work on the new Korrak that spawns from the deathrattle.
If it does, then they powercrept my HOUNDMASTER SHAWN!

This seems really powerful. Good thing charge and rush don’t feel bad to lose to.

Pretty sure this will work since the gruntled patrons that spawn from frenzy still get rush. I’ve seen Roffle do that combo.

1 Like

lol good luck not getting wsg commander wiped first

Eh, it could be a 7 mana two card board clear that probably leaves you with stuff. That’s good by historical standards.

Toss is the ETC and you can hit face with it? Not bad.

dumb…

/20characters

Patron Warrior was a thing, which required far more cards & setup.

Sure, the game has (d)evolved quite a bit since then, but 4 card combo’s (even those including a leggo) are by no means difficult to pull off.

Forgive if I’m wrong, but… New spell 2 mana, new legendary 4 mana (reduced by 2), battlemaster 4 mana (reduced by 2) and manipulator 3 mana (reduced by 2).

2 + 4 + 4 + 3 = 13 mana. Don’t think I want to queue this combo as my finisher on ladder.

You need 2 copies of To the Front! for the OTK.

Oh right. Still, doesn’t really sound appealing to me. 5 cards needed in hand, plus armor gained and enemy needs not to have taunts. There will be a lot better otks available (before they get nerfed if decs stick to their control meta philosophy for this xpansion).

Mr smite + 2x bloodsail Buccaneers + gorehowl or blacksmithing hammer can reach 6/5 + 7/3 + 7/3 = 23-27 damage + 5-7 dmg swing easily but everyone knows that. still less conditions, more practical though, with or without cards. Otks are abundant, living to do em turn 10 isn’t tho. Theoretically you could combo the card to play smite for 4 mana with 1 mana Buccaneers tho.

laughs in literally any taunt minion

'Cause Mage has so many amazing Taunt minions Laughs even harder

Who was talking about Mage though?

I was when you responded to me. And you knew that. What would I reference?
Warrior, which I haven’t played since Standard was invented?
And no other class has been nerfed for feelings either.

I was giving you the benefit of the doubt. But ok let’s try and make a thread all about Mage again lol

Quest Rogue in Un Goro
Deathrattle Rogue from Descent of Dragons
‘Cheese’ Paladin from Darkmoon Faire
Stealer Warlock
Control Priest in Scholomance and Barrens
Zoo Warlock during Ashes of Outland