Lessons to be learned from the Dust debacle

1. Never listen to Blizzard
  2. Exploit bugs to your hearts content. You will be rewarded, not punished if you do so.

Blizzard told everyone to not to spend the dust as they may go into negative (which would be truly awful for anyone spending a lot of dust on non-essential cards, potentially ruining your future experience - think 17600 negative dust = ~176 packs of duplicates.)
Then proceeds to reward everyone who knowingly or unknowingly disregards their message by spending it on cards while thereby punishing (due to a lack of equal reward) everyone that listened.

Your takeaway here can be nothing other than given the opportunity, cheat, steal and exploit. This will be my new mantra going forward with Microsoft. Thanks for the valuable lesson.

19 Likes

Yup, just do the opposite of whatever blizzard says regarding bugs from here on out.

Get as much as you can before they fix it, they’ve just proven nothing will happen.

9 Likes

I think Blizzard did the wrong thing in taking away dust rather than sucking it up. But you all are just taking this way too seriously

4 Likes

Spending months playing the game just to get a few legendaries and epics, and people get 15k+ dust with no downside? It is serious money and time issue.

7 Likes

It’s a card game, idc if some people get 15K dust. Everyone netdecks so why do you care lol? If anything this will get people to play decks that aren’t the same stuff

2 Likes

As I said, I have spent months on the game, as have many others who don’t spend 50 100 on preorders to actually play the game. 15k dust is enough to craft more than I have crafted in 2 expansions playing the game nonstop for 5 months. How is that fair?

4 Likes

:woman_shrugging: I mean I think Blizz should own it and just make sure everybody got the same amount.

The people who got dust aren’t your enemies here

1 Like

No I agree completely, I think unless they were actually going to do negative dust, everyone should get the double. They messed it up and as you said they should own it. That doesn’t take away from them saying oh we are going to do negative dust then no one who spent any of their dust has had that happen, yet if you had dust saved and didn’t use their ‘extra’ dust, people are reporting losing their own saved dust. None of it is fair and I get it. I actually got about 6k and used it on a few legendaries and I am happy I did, that does not change that it’s not even for everyone, in a game where you either have to spend a lot of money or a lot of time to be competitive. :smiley:
Edit: was also thinking with the huge dust influx for some people, they may not spend money on the game again, and people who got a bad taste out of all of these shenanigans, may not spend money even if they had in the past, none of which is good for them anyways.

2 Likes

So true. I’m a whale and I’m already thinking I shouldn’t spend so much on this game. Look at how they treat people. I feel like they are greedy. It’s an expensive time consuming game.

They are forgetting it’s important to treat the costumer right.

It will backfire on them. They don’t need more bad press.

This whole situation could’ve been something positive…now it’s left a sour taste in my mouth.

6 Likes

I’m not like a crazy whale but I have all the diamond cards at least. Completely agree this is insane, I might be done with hearthstone again over this.

2 Likes

you didn’t have to wait for this event to occour to understand this :joy:

Every 3 months they are giving us a new reason to trust them less and less

6 Likes

True. Just hate the reminder lol :laughing:

It feels like an abusive relationship. Lol

3 Likes

THIS IS UNFAIR HOW CAN PLAYERS GO UP 16K DUST. THEN CRAFT ANYTHING THEY WANT THEN PLAY RANKED. I DIDN’T SPEND MY DUST BECAUSE I DON’T WANT NEGATIVE DUST. I SPEND TO MUCH MONEY ON THIS GAME TO GET BENT LIKE THAT. THEY SHOULD TAKE BACK ALL DUST AND REWARD EVERYONE THE SAME. LETTING PEOPLE KEEP 16K DUST WORTH OF THINGS THEY CRAFTED OVER NIGHT IS BROKEN AND UNFAIR TO OTHERS. THEY HAVE A 16K DUST ADVANTAGE OVER PLAYERS WHO DID NOT ABUSE THIS. WHY SHOULD WE KEEP SPENDING MONEY ON HEARTHSTONE …[quote=“JuRiOh-1146, post:1, topic:79519, full:true”]

1. Never listen to Blizzard
  2. Exploit bugs to your hearts content. You will be rewarded, not punished if you do so.

Blizzard told everyone to not to spend the dust as they may go into negative (which would be truly awful for anyone spending a lot of dust on non-essential cards, potentially ruining your future experience - think 17600 negative dust = ~176 packs of duplicates.)
Then proceeds to reward everyone who knowingly or unknowingly disregards their message by spending it on cards while thereby punishing (due to a lack of equal reward) everyone that listened.

Your takeaway here can be nothing other than given the opportunity, cheat, steal and exploit. This will be my new mantra going forward with Microsoft. Thanks for the valuable lesson.
[/quote]

3 Likes

Blizzard made 1.6 billion last year they could have taken the loss and not felt it. If they are going to be greedy I’ll be greedy when they make mistakes.

The team couldn’t fix Ignite mage in wild for months. But free dust goes to the players, and it takes two days. Shows where blizzard priorities are not just Hearthstone. Gameplay is bad who cares. We gave out free resources to players patch it now. Don’t you feel silly defending a company that could use the good PR considering what has gone on.

5 Likes

lol. all this kinda reminds me of the Southpark episode, “Make Love Not Warcraft”. I could imagine the execs in a room in a panic because with all the dust people would not have to spend money on packs and the like.

1 Like

It’s 1.6 billion profit not revenue, I think you should feel like the silly one, revenue is like 6.5 billion.

Sorta…even with all you said/wrote would only account for a small fraction of 1.6 billion. You know 1 billion dollars is a thousand million dollars, right? 1.6 thousand million dollars and you somehow think they’re having trouble making payroll and rent, or somethin? I mean c’mon now. And are you really gonna defend blizzard on this fiasco? Is that really who you are, and what your willing to accept?

You’re either new to the Blizzard franchise or just ignorant.
They’re not going to give everyone hundreds of dollars worth of packs just because they hit the “oopsie” button.
They’ve never done it before and they’re not going to start this year.
Even more so with the fact alone being they’ve only got a limited time before they’re no longer the ones responsible for it and it becomes Microsoft’s headache.

Stop acting like people who disagree with you are “batting for Blizzard” when the truth is we’re just stating the facts provided to us with years of this leadership and business style.
You’re wrong, you’re not getting your dust, get rekt.

1 Like

Squandering months worth of player progression incorrectly because of the developers’ inability to properly ship and fix a problem IS serious matter. Wouldn’t you think?

1 Like