Kibler's thoughts on problematic cards [Uldum]

Calm down, warrior main :smiley: No one has taken away your favorite toy yet.

1 Like

I am not entirely sure about that.

It does not need a nerf, but I agree with Kibler’s suggestion of HoF-ing Mountain Giant.
I stopped playing Standard and therefore do not face Conch-Mage anymore, but the novelty of CC has faded quickly due to the massive value/tempo burst enabled by MG, pretty consistently.

Yeah and then we burn our classic set because it will have nothing barely descent in the long term…

Also I need to say about what Kibler said that all classes have ways to deal with it in general.

You not need to be able to deal with 2 giants. If it is early in the game your opponent can’t play CC and giants at the same turn.

So you not only can smorc but you can also answer the solo giant and every class that wants to do it has it’s ways except for druid were blizzard itself HoFed naturalize exactly because druid was supposed to lose to it by the own blizzard words.

If summon a giant on 4 is balanced summon another on 5 is balanced too.
And CC does essentially that.

Every mage deck runs Blizzard, Ray and Frost Nova, plus the possibility of drawing another Ray/Nova from MT or having Pilgrim cast it for you.

Two single turn stalls and two individual freezes with the possibility of casting a 3rd stall.

Two maybe three board freezes total.

blizzard and frost nova are 4 board stalls right there what are you even talking about? Not every mage is highlander

2 Likes

Sorry for the obviously easy question: what is CC?

Actually it doesn’t. It full heals the one on the board and has the ability to receive taunt. That’s a huge difference.

2 Likes

No, that’s not what happened. That’s what most players wanted, Blizzards “fix” was to increase Nagas mana cost by 3. Giants still apply their discount after Nagas.

You come and write a useless comment that doesn’t add nor address the topic of the thread.

Are you so offended by a forum comment to the extent of using ‘blatantly disingenuous “logic”’ as a response?

Geez, please drink some water and come back later.

Okay then I need to say that CC needs a minion on the board since you need to talk about minor details.

And that “minor” detail I said make a huge difference.

The requirement is that an 8 health minion with 8 attack survives on turn 4. I can’t imagine more low hanging fruit than that.

If it were just like playing another giant the next turn, you could trade into it and damage it and finish it off next turn. But that is not how it works, it needs to be 100% dead or it’s BETTER than playing another giant.

7 Likes

Right, your hyperbole was so much more productive :roll_eyes:

1 Like

And precious few are Cyclone. Heck, that deck’s been knocked down to Tier 3 and that’s what you’re going to complain about?

Yeah, I suppose I could make a bunch of exaggerations about stuff and call it useful. That would be good. I drink plenty of water though, thank you for being concerned about my hydration levels.

4 Likes

It’s the mage card Conjurer’s Calling.

1 Like

No.
CC stands for credit card, the most powerful card in HS.

9 Likes

Change or hof boom luna and cc wont change anything for this game. changing them will only drive away even more players.

Main reason why people left i think are the changes to classic cards,they have done a lot of harm.

1 Like

Dog specifically talked about lack of deck building agency as a reason why he got sick of Hearthstone. Cards like Pocket Galaxy can’t be teched against to improve the match up. That’s an issue.

He loved how a card like Dirty Rat would give you a decent chance against a deck like Exodia Mage. Both players had to make hard decisions to optimally play and play around the card.

3 Likes

Paladin has no turn 4 answer for mountain giant

Paladin is the only class that answers a hypothetical turn 2 Mountain Giant with a single card…

Wait no that’s wrong. They answer a turn 1 Mountain Giant.

2 Likes