Just say well played

No need for thank you, just say well played. Otherwise you’re just being snarky and rude.

4 Likes

Says you.

If the person that dose it is not finding it snarky and rude when they do they are not being so.

Great thing about having no chat and the ability to silence the other guy the emote system is for you to feel good about the use as such if the player feels saying thank you than well played is the best way to end a game than that is the correct way to end the game for them. If you don’t like them doing that silence them. Otherwise live with it. How you feel there being is meaningless. You can silence if you want otherwise deal with it. It’s up to the person in question what actions they should take.

I would go as far as using emotes to annoy the other guy in hopes he makes a bad move also completely fine as if you don’t silence them when there getting to you that on you not the other guy you have full control over if you see them or not.

3 Likes

Isn’t saying well played after you trounce someone 30 - 0 snarky and rude?

5 Likes

I don’t think they were trying to be polite.

7 Likes

Is shaking hands and saying well played after a shutout game in any sport rude.

No it’s saying well played nothing more if you take it as more than that it says more about you than them.

2 Likes

That’s all fine and yes, your right however. We all know how the hearthstone community behaves in general. And often enough a game is played and it wasn’t competitive in the least and the losing player offers you a “well played“ the very least you can do Is just reply well played and be done with it.

2 Likes

If you lost and said well played me saying thank you well played is even less rude than me on the winning said starting like that.

He thanked you for being one of the few losing players to say well played first than agreed.

Taking it as rude in that interaction says a lot more about you than them.

5 Likes

I don’t know, maybe I’m just old and have a different mindset of what respect means.

2 Likes

Sounds to me your def of respect is twisted. In the regard to thinking people are not being respectful by twisting what is being said vs assuming they are being respectful in there own way till shown otherwise.

It is vary respectful to thank someone for saying well played than ageee with them. In fact it’s been a traditional end to games for years (dozens to be exact).

Yes if they badmouthed first by draging the game out or otherwise first I would agree with you thou but jus the action of saying thank you well played is not rude.

It isn’t.

Being a total jerk, if the other person shakes your hand they’re enabling your behavior and sending a signal that it’s appropriate.

The correct thing is not to be a jerk with a total stranger; and then shake hands after the match.

2 Likes

That’s exactly the way I see it

If you’re conceding, then I’m going to thank you, unless I wanted to show my Risky Skipper combo in hand first and you stopped me.

So you are thanking the loser for losing.

What does being a jerk at that point get you? Other than angry friends requests.

3 Likes

I’m thanking them for saving me the time of swinging with my entire board.

1 Like

Then friends request them after the game and tell them that.

Otherwise you might as well added omegalul kekw.

2 Likes

A friend request after the match is more likly to trigger the same type of people as the op that take stuff as rude when it’s not.

I have had quite a number of cases where I friend request after a game only to get them to accept and go of on me before I say anything due to them being sore losers.

Thanking them for the game after the game is not rude if they take it as rude that is there prob. A friend request is fine if you want to talk to them but from the ones I have sent I have yet to see a single person happy to get a friend request and most hit no those that don’t go of on you before you say anything. Ya the real prob is def the people saying thank you not the ones incorrectly taking it as rude.

Comes down to what matters is if the one sending the thank you dosent take it as rude it’s not if they take it as such and get triggered over it they should be silencing people of the start so they don’t get hurt from comments that are not rude. Furthermore the people that really are rude eg the ones spamming wow every move trying to get to you. That I also see nothing wrong with trash talk is a large part of many games and if that is part of the game they enjoy they should be allowed to do so just as I’m allowed to silence them.

You don’t know the other person. You are assuming a level of familiarity with a stranger that doesn’t know your intentions in a sea of jerks. And because you know a lot of people don’t like it and you still do it, it makes you into another jerk.

In this case LOR handily beats HS, because the well played emote is a man bowing putting his hands together, so it can’t be turned into an omegalul.

2 Likes

I don’t know why Blizzard can’t just face the fact that the emote system is stupid and easily misinterpreted. They should just remove it.

1 Like

So you’re mad that your opponents are Canadians and politely thank you for the free win you gave them (with or without your will)? That’s cute.

Thank you…