June Ladder Rewards are... Castle Nathria Packs?!?

I saw the new pack when I hit a new rank on my F2P account today. I thought it might be a visual glitch.

Then I opened my ladder rewards on Asia server. Sure enough, 4 Castle Nathria packs. Can’t open until August.

Not what I expected. Not sure if a bug or intended. If you think it might be a bug, you might want to wait to see if it is hotfixed.

4 Likes

we have to wait until expansion gets released to open anyway

so we dont have a choice about the waiting bit

1 Like

…unless they were supposed to be sunken city packs and get changed by hotfix… which given the long wait, I would have expected and prefer. I think March packs were AV so just April and May ladder being SC seems like a bit of a jip for trying to build a decent collection. Normally 4 months per expansion.

3 Likes

I like the change. The middle set of the year seems to be the set with the broken stuff lately. Give me Rafaam!

1 Like

Could work out in the long term, but with only 2 months (April/May) applying to SC, ladder rewards are short by up to 10 packs… that’s about 2 epics plus maybe another legendary. And rewards that sit for 5 weeks. Feels bad, man. And still no word about it…

1 Like

A few weeks out from a new expansion you are offered packs from the upcoming expansion. This isn’t a bug.

2 Likes

I thought the same, a bit too early for the reward switch.

3 Likes

The expansion comes out in august.
This means we will have 2x months of new packs from the monthly reward, which is strange.

My guess is that they didn’t even think about it

4 Likes

This really seems to be their standard method of operation of late, along with not testing patches.

2 Likes

I think the expansion comes out early august. So it is closer to one month.

we had this before i think the one time we didnt was a bug

No people, we’ve NEVER had two months in a row where we couldn’t open the packs yet. This is completely NEW. And I don’t think it’s right and I’m not sure whether it’s intentional.

Sunken City got majorly shortchanged. Ending up 8-10 packs short on every region because of this.

ANY comment from Blizzard would be appreciated.

2 Likes

I meant “we are getting two end of the season rewards in new packs”; which is weird (they could have gave us new packs only for the july ranked season).

I’m not saying it’s better one way or the other, but it’s just weird to get packs that are available in more than 30 days

3 Likes

Meanwhile they’re giving 2 free sunken city packs for tuning in to the masters tourney this weekend. It is a bit strange.

1 Like

I’d prefer they gave us 100 gold, and let us pick what pack we want… It sucks receiving packs that I already have 100% of the cards for…

1 Like

My guess is that the new expansion will be the strongest expansion this year (similar to Mean Streets of Gadgetzan or Scholomance), so Blizzard is doing us favor by giving those packs.

I’d actually rather have the new packs. I’ve got pretty much everything I want in the current expansion, or enough dust to craft them.

3 Likes

I’m in favor of the new, but I have a complete Standard collection, so more Sunken City packs would just be a tiny amount of dust for me. IOW, I might be biased.

Uh, I find your overabundance of faith disturbing. Especially given team 5’s track record of late.