Is Heroic Galakrond possible with a Standard deck?

Hi y’all! I love hearthstone single player and I love playing the challenge modes. It’s just so much fun to build some crazy deck to beat the computer’s ridiculously OP advantages. Incredibly satisfying.

I haven’t beaten the final heroic Galakrond fights on either campaign and while I know there are lots of strategies in wild that work against them I was wondering if it’s even possible to beat him with a Standard deck right now. Yes, I have the silly test subject + knife juggler combo, but I think it would be awesome if there was some more legitimate, less “cheap” way to beat him using cards available in the Standard format right now.

I honestly don’t know if there is any combo good enough since mill is not as strong as it used to be and all the true Exodia decks rotated out with Alexstraza and Antonidas.

I’ve been thinking the best way to do it would probably be some kind of deck destruction Tickatus combo and just using removal on his huge minions until he runs out of cards and then killing him with faerie dragons or something. But it’s really hard to live long enough to even get close enough to pulling that off.

If anyone knows how to make that work or if you have some kind of crazy strategy for how to beat him a different way I’d love to hear it. Again I know there’s no need to only use Standard format cards here, I just think it’s a fun thought experiment. :slight_smile:

My guess is no. I tried dozens of attempts with different decks and always got destroyed.

The only deck with a chance against Galakrond was Freeze Mage with some tech cards for the encounter.

1 Like