Is Hearthstone Dying?

As the title states I’m wondering what everyone’s opinion is on this topic since it seems highly controversial at this point. Many say yes. Yet again, many others say no as well. Personally, I don’t see Hearthstone “Dying” anytime soon although I don’t find it as “Fun” as before. I still love the game and will continue to play it due to all the time and money I have spent on it. Remember, this question is opinion based. So, we don’t need rude comments or people disrespecting each other. Thank you :slight_smile:

4 Likes

My problem with the game atm is that people all play the same exact deck. Feel like I’m playing against bots. The game itself won’t die, but it’s player base habits is toxic, can hardly have fun. I guess they have to come up with legit archetypes for all classes and raise the skillcap.

8 Likes

Yeah, I completely agree with you. It has become super toxic and I don’t have fun anymore. Correction, “as much fun anymore”. But it’s still a game I play daily.

Well the game isn’t dying, but I do hear a lot of the pro/ streamers saying they are not enjoying playing the game as before. Due to current meta, if you don’t play semi aggro decks, it’s hard to rank up.

6 Likes

NO
it’s not that everyone is playing the same deck, it’s that your deck determines who you play against, just change your decks and you’ll be facing a lot of different decks… That is it RIGGED GAME

7 Likes

Yeah, the current meta is not much fun. At least to me. Still made it to legend yet I stand by my opinion :slight_smile:

Yea I also made to legend just today. switching between rush warrior and clown druid and finally made it. now I can relax and play my warlock deck. So sad, but I need 500 wins to get golden Lord J

1 Like

The game feel more alive than ever, or at least the connection between the devs and community is much more clear than before.
Today we have mini-sets, alot of new single-player content that comes fast, alot of new hero portraits, the bundles, nerfs/buffs coming into the game faster than we could ever imagine in the past.
In the old Hearthstone we had to wait for months to finally nerf Patches. Today we see nerfs coming even after a week from the release.
About the meta: idk what to say… I guess it depends on each person’s preferences. Today you can go any archetype(aggro, midrange, control, combo) and, with enough skill, get to legend(or at least have a decent winrate). In the past you either went a full hyper-aggro deck or a full anti-aggro-deck, nothing inbetween. Now if the meta decks are boring or not, again it depends on people’s preferences, it’s subjective.
Everything new that comes now in the game, you had to wait 4 times more in the past to come.

3 Likes

Get to grinding then lol

Hard to say. I think a lot of problems stem from the game being ‘old’ — so many cards in existence, so many archetypes that have been perfected in the past, and so many players with huge collections that can craft whatever they want with their multiple years of dust = meta decks abound. It’s a far cry from the first couple years where it was work to climb, with real achievement and unique decks. Now it’s heavily meta. Which is fine, it’s how the game evolved. Just might not be stimulating in the way some players hope it would be.

4 Likes

Hearthstone is apparently dying for 7 years now and its till not true. In fact, Hearthstone is most likely one of the rare games which actually have at least a million players somewhat constantly playing.

I play games on Steam for years who have less than 5k players on a daily basis and they arent dying either.

So no, Hearthstone is far from dying. Super far. Hearthstone is like a 30 years old vegan manager of a crossfit company.

6 Likes

Is Hearthstone Dying… well…

When a game keep introducing new formats and new features, and new reward system…

Usually a sign a game is very much alive and well. :slight_smile:

4 Likes

That’s actually true if you use deck tracker software and have a recent game list you can clearly see it, I played aggro face hunter and played mostly against 3 classes: hunter - neutral matchup, mage - good matchup, priest - lose.

1 Like

Hearthstone’s latest expansion, Forged in the Barrens, launched on 30th March 30 and “is on track to deliver expansion-over-expansion net bookings growth for the second consecutive release”.

https://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2021-05-05-blizzard-continues-to-lose-millions-of-players-but-new-games-are-coming

4 Likes

Typically I only begin to worry about a game dying if the queue time starts to get really long. Since it’s about the same as always with Hearthstone, I’d guess that it’s okay…for now…

2 Likes

When you have bs happening i guess it can happen people getting sick of it.
Dont mind me i just like to trash on this p2w crap. I enjoy it actually …
I am surprised there are any people left playing this lol

1 Like

The game is still fun, the queues are not long, and they keep releasing new content. As long as these three things are true I don’t care if the player base is growing or shrinking.

3 Likes

It seems to be dying in the sense that most of the people who advertise for the game and/or play it professionally (streamers) seem to prefer battlegrounds.

Personally, I haven’t played a game of ranked in months. Sadly, unranked is almost unplayable right now, with everyone just AFK’ing to finish quests.

So battlegrounds mostly for me also.

Nah. That’s a personal preference. The majority of players play constructed.

2 Likes

im pretty sure that battleground thingy is part of HS

2 Likes