Is Hagatha OP (and every other infinite value card)?

its early so im double checking are you saying hagatha is infinite? because it 100% is not dsr is due to the fact that you keep creating beasts after your deck and even your hand is gone, where as hagatha requires you to play a minion to get that random spell if there is a limit at all then its not truly infinite, she does give you mega value tho.

Hagatha is an example of a good Hero Card. Her initial effect is impactful, but not game-winningly so. Her HP replacement is OK without being dominant. And she cannot generate infinite value unlike the bad Hero Cards. She’s one of the good ones. Save your complaints for stuff like Deathstalker Rexxar and Frostlich Jaina.

Hagatha isn’t overpowered compared to the current Deathknights.

Once Genn/Baku and the other Deathknights go away Hagatha and Dr.Boom will probably be a problem.

They’ll only be a problem because people will still complain about them. It’s why I don’t take most of the community seriously. First of all complaints about “infinite value” are a joke; every class comes equipped with an automatic infinite value engine called a hero power. Death Knights and other hero cards are very strong, but only Rexxar literally creates infinite value. Jaina does nothing if there are no minions to ping, and the other knights don’t create minions either. They’re also a huge mana investment that don’t instantly win the game. I think hero cards on the whole are extremely fun and well designed. People continue to complain about them, but honestly control needs strong ways to win considering how blisteringly fast ago has become, particularly in Wild.

Yes hagatha is op op op like pls wtf nerf dont understand that when you have like 3 xcrADS yopu six and they only 3 like wtf do think thTA BAÖLANCNED Actulla fhecking retwrard s no wonder goes to shis

what do you mean ?
why ?

Oh, you must be new here. This is nothing. Wait until you meet the Priests.

he probably doesnt know cauldron exists (i won a some games as a hunter thx to the spells i got from it )

So we agree that Rexxar is spelled with 6 different letters than Hagatha.

If Rexxarx comes late, he will generate zero minions if you are out of turns, i.e. reach turn limit.

Therefore also not infinite. You might say Rexxar is more “infinite” than Hagatha, but practically speaking they are both “infinite value” generator. Because if you take it literally, both aren’t.

Every turn rexxar can generate a beast regardless you are fatigue or not. Hagatha as long as you are out of minion, nothing can be generated. That’s both in the last card scenario. Basically if both players at 30 hp no cards in hand one draw rexxar another draw hagatha. No prize guessing who will win the game.

Rexxar being stronger in most scenarios doesn’t mean Hagatha cannot be considered infinite.

And why should we assume a scenario (being out of minions) in the first place.

Mathematically it cant… infinite means limitless. can rexxar run out of beast? no cause he generate one a turn. Can Hagatha run out of spell? yes. Because a deck have finite minion and minion do eventually run out regardless what hagatha do.

I already explained, but you didn’t read. HS has a turn limit for example.

Rexxar is functionally limitless as he continues to generate beasts past the point of your deck being entirely gone.

Hagatha can not do that. If all you have is spells, hagatha generates no value.

There’s no situation where you would not get Rexxar until the turn limit. Just because the game ends on turn 89 doesn’t mean that Rexxar was not a limitless value option until then.

Rexxar generates a minion for every turn you have 2 mana (just about all of them, but with the turn limit, a maximum of 83 beasts).

Hagatha generates spells = the number of remaining minions in deck. If you played nothing but minions in deck and hagatha on turn 8, without using more than the 1 required minion because of hand size, she can generate something around a maximum of 28 spells (some wiggle room for minions like firefly, which add additional cards to hand to generate more spells)

In reality, hagatha will be generating far fewer than that, and her effect will run dry a full 60 ish turns earlier than Rexxar, making Rexxar functionally infinite compared to hagatha, who is very limited in her value, more randomized, and less less likely to give the tool you need at the time.

1 Like

true but id say my self since every shaman deck iv used since she was released have had hagatha included if i live long enuff i.e i dont die 1-2 turns after i play her i end up getting cards i want/need 70% to 80% of the time i tend to run minion heavy decks (even shaman elemental shaman) not gonna lie tho i usually get ice fishing least once a game tho xD

The point is for the majority of cases you will never get to the point where you are out of minions with Hagatha.

Again why would you artificially create that scenario where Hagatha is your last card? Again: There are tons of minion generating/bouncing effects.

Juet because your minions run out doesn’t mean Hagatha wasn’t a limitless value optionsl until then.

Hagatha generates spells every turn you play a minion.

Rexxar generates minions the number of turns you have left. If you have turns left Rexxar will generate a maximum of minions until turns run out.

In reality, Hagatha will be generating far more spells than minions in deck and her effect rarely runs dry before the game ends, making her functionally infinite.

Funny enough i played against enough shaman opponent who run out of minion. If you are used to playing control fatigue deck, you will realise how busted rexxar is and how tame hagatha is.

And I played against enough Rexxar opponents who died of Fatigue, i.e. ran out of turns. Rexxar being more busted doesn’t mean Hagatha isn’t as infinite.

Hagatha isn’t as infinite even if, as you can read earlier, I think in general she creates amazing value.

Every turn I can generate resources with Rexxar. No matter what I can as the resource generation is tied to 2-mana.

I have had turns with Hagatha where I cannot generate resources because I lack minions and effective spells for the situation.

Is it rare? Yes, but it shows just by this being a possibility that Hagatha is not an infinite resource generator so we can stop the overstatement.

1 Like

I mean, about 1/3 of the time Hagatha is in your bottom 10 cards and you dont get more than a few spells out of her.

That’s a limitation that Rexxar doesn’t have, as even as your absolute last card, he still makes beasts.