iPhone Issue: Game crash when trying to text friends

I have the same problem when trying to write to a friend. The game literally shuts down. I don’t have any friend requests.

IPad 6 gen., iOS 13.2.3, Heartstone ver. 15.6.36453

Thx blizzard really, almost 2 months for nothing, perfect.

Thanks everyone for your reports! The friend cap doesn’t seem to be the issue here as some concerns brought up from our team. Thank you very much appreciate your input, Burialfaith! We’ll get these suggestions over to our team in hopes that it will help pinpoint the issue and maybe be able to replicate this on our end :slight_smile:

1 Like

Is it almost 2 month that the only thing u are doing (blizzard not personally you) is coming here to say “we are trying to solve” but still nothing done. Are you seriously? I mean, is it too difficoult? Burial also showed that kind or issue was already appered and u cant fix it now??

Im here for saying that after last update bug is not gone, Always the same. Are you serios blizzard? LAST update and still this annoying bug? REALLY?

The problem hasn’t been repaired. I still can’t write to friends. I also noticed that sometimes randomly throws out of the game. If it is important: I play on European servers, Poland.

Is there an update ?

Its rather strange that devs cannot replicate an issue. It may be the reason why this is not yet fixed?

As another suggestion, could it be that user (B) having no issue with Hearthstone chat could of been using an outdated version of battle.net app on an outdated iOS device (ex: bnet v1.3.4 on iPhone 4S iOS 9.3.5) and that chatting from this outdated version of battle.net to user (A) who has the latest Hearthstone version (around oct 16) and the chat issue, would leave outdated header files in the chat history of user (A) and result in having the Hearthstone of user (A) being unable to read properly the header file of chat history? (Referring to post below).

Or that simply being logged onto battle.net v1.3.4 on same user (B)’s (not having the issue) iPhone 4S (while the battle.net app is not open, but credentials are entered and notifications are enabled) and chatting between user (A) and (B) each on iPad Air 1 would leave the possible new version of chat history header files onto the old version of battle.net (on user (B) iPhone) and that such version of bnet (1.3.4) wouldn’t be suited to handle the possible new code of chat history header file which could create a bug in the chat history of user (A) which would then be downloaded everytime the chat function of Hearthstone would be opened and cause Hearthstone to crash? (Referring to post below).

Thank you

Battle net app doesnt get Any problem, i mean its not linked in my case
There is something wrong into data files of app iOS i think and they are not even trying to fix it. its insane that anyone cant get the bug and fix, its 2 months already.

Build 16.0.37060
iOS 13.3
iPad Pro 2017
iPhone SE
--------/////--------
None of my friends appear in my list and game is crashing when I try to add one.

I have temporary solution!!!
It was easy as hell. Just change your iDevice language to English. That’s it.

Settings->General->Language & Region->iDevice Language->English

Shame on you Blizz!

5 Likes

OH MY GOD, OH MY GOD.
U ARE THE BOSS HERE, HOW THE F IS EVEN POSSIBLE? IT WORKS!!!
Insane

1 Like

So blizzard now u have something to investigate, there are some problems/files missed into others languages.
In my case Italian.
So now game works fine but i wanna play with Italian version, so I think it’s easier to fix now.

1 Like

You can change HS language to Italian after. Chat with friends will still works fine. Until you change system language back to Italian. So it is temporary solution as I said before.

Oh nice to hear, well bro thank you really!
Hope blizzard will get it easier now

BTW my language is Polish. Probably any different iOS system language crashed.

I think there is into hs device some files missed linked to other languages, or at least to some of them.
Its like when hs app reads another iOS languages chat doesn’t work fine

Awesome debugger :wink: I love ya
But don’t say that about Blizzard… that’s a tricky bug. Language issues are widespread and underestimated. They just need a better Unit Testing process.

Thank you Szaman, your solution worked for me.

My iPhone is running in French.

Blizz, our friend here resolved the problem, please fix your app now that the issue is known.