[iOS] Unable to install app; App Store version # is wrong

I am unable to install the Hearthstone app from the App Store on my iPhone. I receive the following error: “Unable to install Hearthstone. Please try again later.”

This is a brand new iPhone 13 Pro Max, and the iOS software is up to date (15.4.1).

The weird part is: the Hearthstone page in my App Store does not list the correct version number. It has the Sunken City launch from 3 weeks ago, but isn’t showing the update from Tuesday to 23.0.3. I know this problem isn’t affecting all iOS mobile users, because my brother also has an iPhone and was able to update on Tuesday without issue.

I have been in touch with Apple Support and done all troubleshooting they’ve recommended, but they have now directed me to the app developer.

This is extremely frustrating, because this issue has happened to me once before, a few months ago on my previous phone. I was unable to figure out the problem then, despite extensive troubleshooting and reaching out to both Apple and Blizzard. The problem, that first time, inexplicably resolved itself the next time there was a HS update. I thought that would be the case again, but now my App Store doesn’t even see the update from Tuesday…

Please help.

2 Likes

Having same issue, am I really the 1st response?

I am having the same problem here. Pixel 5.

Welcome to the Club.
Android hasn’t had it available since before the New Expansion.

My game has been updated but it still won’t open. So you have nothing to lose, bro. The developers have not been able to fix it for 3 days already… what a shame.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.