iOS Crash after 14.2.0.30795 patch

When is this going to be resolved? Answers would be nice.

1 Like

It’s been over a months now and blizzard still haven’t figured this out yet? This shouldn’t be that big a problem since they already changed the resolution for everything. Is that they just haven’t noticed the problem?

2 Likes

What is holding them back?

Hey Devs, just a bump to remind everyone that this is still not fixed and it’s embarrassing I think.

5 Likes

Been 3 weeks since I chimed in…

Really would be great, and reasonable, to have some communication from the Hearthstone team now at this point so we all at least have an expectation.

This is very disappointing for such a major issue like this to have gone on so long, and without any updates :frowning:

And as other people pointed out, and I fully agree, it’s really a bad look for this to be RE-broken right at the beginning of a brand new set and whole new Hearthstone Year of the Dragon :frowning:

WHENNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNN?

3 Likes

It’s a frustrating and inconvenient issue for everyone who play on iPad Pro’s regularly and our team is aware. We have replicated the problem on our end and know what the issue is.

It’s a fairly complex as it has to do with the fix for the iOS crashes earlier this year. In order to fix this issue, our team needs to address both issues for the crashes and resolution issues for iPad Pros, which will take a bit of time to do.

As it stands right now, there is no ETA on a resolution as it is not expected to be resolved as quickly as we hope in these situations due to the complexity of the issue.

All of your patience, understanding, and reports are appreciated. I hope we’ll have an update on this soon, thank you all!

1 Like

New patch today 5/14. I had my hopes up that this would be resolved … you know as it was working for a while there. Instead I was given a spoonful of disappointment. Full screen support was not brought back with the Dalaran adventure patch. (I was hoping Apple would deny the update on the App store without it).

5 Likes

This is bonkers! Just downloaded the Dalaran update 6 weeks later and this is still not fixed. Can we please have an ETA or more clarity on why this cannot be addressed? FWIW the version of the app that shipped with full screen support had no stability issues for me on an iPad Pro 11".

5 Likes

Regardless of how difficult the fix required, it has been a full 6 months (and a week!) since the newest iPad pros released, and there have been 6 (or more?) Hearthstone patches, so quite honestly for this period of time elapsed, certainly it means that this isn’t being treated as the high priority bug it truly is… I mean, we’re talking literally native support for Apple’s current flagship products!

Like user Shaymous here I think was basically hinting towards, if Apple didn’t approve the App Store drop for lack of current gen device support—like when Rise of Shadows released— well I think everyone realizes this would have been fixed in a week!

6 Likes

Prioritize this guys, it’s really embarrassing to be the only app on my device running in compatibility mode still.

7 Likes

Just updated the app with hope, blizzard smashes ipad pro users in the face again. If there was a bug constraining payments, It would be fixed right away. But this, no proirity. Maybe if we buy more hero skins and card packs then they will fix this.

:persevere:

Blizzard please fix this, it was great, now it sucks.

7 Likes

This is embarrassing for Blizzard. It’s a game that we spent hundreds of dollars on, game that generates millions of revenue and you can’t fix iPad screen resolution problem? Don’t give us this “we’re working on it but there is no ETA” bullsh…t. Just fix this damn bug already. So disappointing from such a huge developer…

10 Likes

I’m also kind of disappointed that Apple allows these updates. There was an official deadline on March 27th on the App Store for developers to support the screen sizes of the latest generation of Apple products (and those are on the market for more than 6 months, so it’s not like it came out of nowhere for the developers) and yet they keep accepting “faulty” app updates. For most of my favorites apps I contacted the developer after I got my new iPad Pro 11 inch and most of them fixed the issue in 14-30 days even though most of the time the app only had a single developer.
I fully acknowledge that sometimes things are very complicated and this complexity can not be evaluated from outside the dev team (and most of the time fixing stuff in a one-man-project is easier than in a big dev team) but I really hope that Blizzard puts this as a high priority task even though the percentage of players on Apple devices of the latest generation might be low right now. At least I’m someone who willingly spends lots of cash for hearthstone and new tech devices and for the last few months it is the single most frustrating bug for me that Hearthstone does not run full screen on my iPad and therefore I have even less screen space than on the old iPad I had before.

6 Likes

This is totally ridiculous. I was going to buy new adventure but not until this is fixed. I cannot fully enjoy the game in current crappy resolution and black borders. How long could it take to fix something that already was fixed.

5 Likes

Huge money is paid for this game. And the attitude of Blizzard is just disappointing.

5 Likes

Please… Please! Fix it!

I was so excited downloading the update and so disappointed when I open it and realized that the black borders continued there…

I love to play Hs in my iPad pro, (had you guys tried to play with pencil?:wink: But it’s ridiculous to play with these black borders… :frowning:

5 Likes

I hope Apple bans Blizzard apps as soon as possible!!! I assume that players who play on Pro devices spend on average several times more money than any other customers…

2 Likes

Please fix it as soon as possible. As a five-year player of hearthstone who spend a lot of money and time on this game, I have never been so disappointed with Blizzard.

3 Likes

After the latest update, every time I try to start a rumble run, the App crashes.

I have tried reboot my iphone but not working.

My phone is iphone6, iOS version 12.2.

I am not sure if is a common problem, but before the update everything looked fine.

Same thing here on an IPad ios 9.0.2. Worked fine until the latest patch download. Now just crashes on the Blizzard logo.