Interaction between Spirit of the Shark, Scabbs and Tenwu

As the patch 22.0 rolled out, I have started experimenting with Tenwu of the Red Smoke (which got fixed according to the official patchnotes). I would like to report an unexpected order of the enchantments being applied to Scabbs Cutterbutter returned by Tenwu while the ongoing effect of Spirit of the Shark is active.

Steps to reproduce (8 Mana required):

1. Play Spirit of the Shark.
  2. Play Scabbs Cutterbutter, activating his Combo effect.
  3. Play Tenwu of the Red Smoke, targeting Scabbs.
    3a) Notice how Scabbs’ Cost displayed after returning back to hand is (1), then for a split second it shows (0), then returns to (1).

To try to explain the (0) Cost blinking, I have checked the Power_old.log file. It turns out that the enchantments applied to Scabbs during step 3a) are as follows:

• First, one of the Tenwu enchantments is applied. (That makes the returned Scabbs cost (1) initially)
  • Then, both Scabbs discount enchantments go off. (The cost changes to (0) for a split second)
  • Finally, the last Tenwu enchantment is created and makes the card cost (1) again.
    I have uploaded the relevant fragment of Power_old.log file here: https://pastebin.com/remVLDJt

I believe the interaction described above is a bug, since the 22.0 patchnotes claim to have fixed the cost reduction problem with Tenwu of the Red Smoke.

1 Like