In case you didn't know Beast Hunter was broken - image

https://ibb.co/hR0PtQZ

This is All Diamond through All Legend since Maw and Disorder release
Not pictured is Warrior which is 65%-75%.

Thought I’d share for those who don’t have HSReplay

It’s crazy if this doesn’t get nerfed.

Personally, the harpoon gun absolutely needs to be dialed back. Beast Hunter is already extremely strong throughout the entire game, but being able to cheat out a 7 cost minion on turn 3/4 is way too strong for a deck that is already extremely powerful in every other aspect of the game.

10 Likes

Agree with ya man, i am getting tired of harpoon into saber into king krush on 5, and if nit krush it is hydraladon or mama bear.

2 Likes

If it wasn’t for all the mana cheating of harpoon gun and the summoning beasts from your deck for free, the deck might be a bit more balanced. I don’t understand why the deck even needs a high roll, it’s already strong as is.

1 Like

Harpoon gun isnt even the highest mulligan winrate card in the deck. Heck, it isnt even top 5. That still goes to some of the Wildseed cards. The deck is incredibly consistent and doesnt rely on said highroll to win games. I believe revert to Harpoon is a good start, but something more needs to happen. (Alamar to 6, Hero card to 7, Spirit Poacher to 3, Hydralodon to 8, or Wildseed Stag to a 4/3 are just some possible targets)

That’s EXACTLY my point. It doesn’t need the highroll, but I can tell you from experience that the highroll and/or discount is the reason the deck can’t be kept in check by some of the other later game decks out there. You simply cannot compete with the mana cheating. Wildseeds aren’t the problem for me. So just keep those and ease up on the highroll.

6 Likes

This deck can do nearly everything very well and with very little punish. Tempo? Check. Value? Check. Aggro? Check. Multiple closers/win conditions? Check. It beats out Paladin in terms of consistency (which is insane in a 40 card deck) and on top of that the highroll of wild seeds in general and harpoon gun into Krush/Hydra/Bear or even Faelin Colossal is so busted.

Also, I’m so tired of facing it every other game.

2 Likes

Except Wildseeds are the whole reason they can get to the Big Beasts near uncontested. Your opponent is too busy trying to deal with all the stats generated from the Wildseeds that they cannot focus on actually killing the hero and by that time the Hunter is throwing out big beasts every turn.

Also random thought, remember when Ichman was revealed and it was considered one of the worst legendaries ever? Good times.

2 Likes

I don’t know who said that, but they were obviously wrong. People really said it was bad?

Here’s the reveal thread from this forum. Not terribly long, but shows some of the initial reaction.

A few posters thought he’d be OK, or at least situational, but most thought he’d be bad or unplayable:

It’s probably good to remember that he was revealed in the tail part of the Stormwind meta, when the majority of complaints were about Pirate Warrior or Quest rewards and combos ending the game before any slower strategy could go off.

I didn’t even realize the card was that old. lol

Ichman is a 9 Mana card. Hunter was supposed to win or loose by turn 6-7 according to forum lore. Ichman, Devourer and even Denathrius only became possible in Hunter 'cause the meta slowed down: According to Zacho from vS, BBHunter now plays on average >8.5 turns per game, making these slow cards viable.

1 Like

Not sure one of the worst ever but it was definitely bad, it didn’t have much support back then.

Also Renethal heavily buffs beast hunter.

It’s pretty common for a bad card to become really good down the road.

1 Like

Wild spirits to four and harpoon gun to 2 mana reduction, and that would slow the deck doen just enough in my opinion without actually killing the deck

1 Like
1 Like

This is what happens when you cram too many undercosted cards in one class. Most other decks that run 40 cards to get the extra health are paying a penalty. But hunter has so many good, redundant cards that there’s no penalty for running 40.

Then they gave it mana cheat and highroll potential. Plus reach and draw (well, recruit).

2 Likes

I think we’ve known this with the last what, 3 or 4 VS reports showing beast hunter on top?

The deck has shockingly few weaknesses. You can open so many different ways (batty into K9, wildseed opener, harpoon into saber) and your mid-game is stuffed with massive value even beyond the discounted hydra or bear highroll. I can’t remember many decks with so few glaring weaknesses before.

Bless priest has made strides. It was basically even last time I looked, now moving towards a good favored.

Except I despise that whole deck… lol.

1 Like

The deck is losing its touch (55.96% (obviously still too powerful)). It’s still very good, but it would seem the meta is adapting as are players. What bothers me most, however, is the playrate of Beast Hunter. Past 3 days, diamond through legend, 22.3% popularity.

Ladder is absolutely unbearable right now. It’s the same game over and over and over and over and over against Beast Hunter. This is by far the worst experience I’ve had in Standard since DH release and UIS. What’s sad is the meta is otherwise fairly diverse and it could potentially be a very fun one.

1 Like

The only high point is playing spammy arcanist into their hydradolon.

2 Likes