I'm playing with the new UNRELEASED GOLDEN RENO HERO in game *picture proof!*

https://imgur.com/a/8fWxJnX

I know what you’re probably asking…HOW?

Well, once you find out that the devs didn’t stop UNRELEASED CARDS from being discovered, you end up with this.

11 Likes

Also saw a few posts where guys got unreleased cards as arena prizes

Now, the REAL question on every Mage’s minds…

How did the hero power treat you?

7 Likes

of the 6+ things it cast only 1 was not beneficial (it got rid of my weapon) all others were buffing minions, frostbolts, etc.

Because of the randomness it actually makes you think about what you want to put on board. You don’t want to make your board too wide because it can wipe it…so I felt like I had to play around it.

4 Likes

Isn’t the hero power terrible if you have to purposely make your board weaker in hopes you don’t lose as much stuff if it misfires. This card just seems so unplayable to me.

1 Like

To be fair, I only got to play about 8 turns or so until the innkeeper ran out of cards and died to fatigue.

But, yes, I could see where there are minions I wouldn’t want to play where I might have played them otherwise because the hero power could hurt. I think the idea might just have to be act like the hero power isn’t there and just go for it. I had a 6/14 weapon with lifesteal that it destroyed and gave us both the 2/3 one instead. Can’t play around that. I also got lucky and the frostbolt it cast didn’t hit me or my minions.

I think you just have to play and ignore it. Whatever happens happens.

1 Like

I have missed something. How did you get that card?

Well, once you find out that the devs didn’t stop UNRELEASED CARDS from being discovered, you end up with this.

5 Likes

Lol awesome! Any info of how Poof worked? An did you see if Reno had any new emotes?!

3 Likes

poof basically covers the minions in a cloud of smoke and then they disappear with a sound similar to what polymorph poof sounds like. They don’t deathrattle or anything, they just disappear.

As far as emotes…ummm…totally spaced that! When you get on we’ll check it out!

3 Likes

ok, but how did you discover it? I have not seen the card anywhere except for your post.

1 Like

Rogue can get it through obtaining other class cards.

2 Likes

how does a Mage get it? or discover it? i really am lost here… I don’t know I’d use it, but it might make a fun addition to my reno deck as it is,.

They don’t.

Only Rogues can which is part of the point of my other post where it’s pretty much garbage design that cards of a class can’t even be played by the class itself and instead other classes can have access to them first.

The cards shouldn’t even be in the card pool.

2 Likes

Wow, that’s awesome! Maybe I’ll try that as well.

1 Like

ahhh, NOW i understand… HAHA, well then Blizz messed up!!

1 Like

I’d be interested in knowing if you were able to do it as well.

Yes, I can confirm this.

Emotes are the following:

• Greetings: Ha, I’m gonna be rich.
  • Well played: Looks like you’ve got your own tricks.
  • Wow: Amazing! Like me.
  • Oops: Ha! Erm, I meant to do that.
  • Threaten: Don’t make me use my BIG magic!
3 Likes

I’m gonna guess if that if Mage needs a Plague of Death clutch with flash heal/warrior armor heal in one, this card is the way to do it. I would rather have had Reno get a Spell Power where you could

A. Discover a spell and cast it randomly

B. Get a hero power slightly similar to the Adventure Runs

C. Have the current Hero Power at 2 mana instead of auto cast to prevent the controller from hurting themselves through uncontrollable spell casting.

This hero could have made the Adventures a whole lot more cool to have, but the Legendary seems like a complete wasted potential. I mean, mage doesn’t need a new Hero card, but at least I would have felt like the Adventures packed more value.