Ignite Mage card

The only thing remotely keeping mage’s boosted card draw in check was running out of cards, meaning they had to make some decisions on whether or not to go face/board.

Ignite allows too much braindead gameplay with no meaningful decisions on the mages end.

1 Like

Some folks seem a bit… heated??? by this card.

4 Likes

:sob::sob::sob::sob::sob::sob::sob::sob:

i laugh but cry

1 Like

Sorry to… Ignite??? your emotions.

3 Likes

Now seriously.

1. It isn’t 2 mana/ infinite damage. It is infinite mana/infinite damage.
    Mages have to pay every time they play.

2. Auctioneer should probably go. The card itself is just too simple for nowadays standards and that is what make it so powerfull.

3.I kinda sad that even with combo decks I really not find a way to finish the achievement for a 10 damage ignite.
It’s a really dificult one because people die before.

1 Like

So it’s not overpowered because it wins you the game before you can even reach its theoretical ceiling. The fact you’re unable to see the irony in what you’re saying is astounding.

1 Like

It’s not overpowered because It still is a single target damage, that scales theoretically infinitely If the game goes on that long.

Most games won’t reach 10 turns. So, this Power level you talk about never really happens. It’s essentially similar to the warlock Quest, in which If you set up to try and win through fatigue, you lose.

Though luck mate. Not every strategy is always viable. Slot in some win conditions in your deck and actually win the game.

Asinine comparison. Warlock Quest requires huge set up (including, but not exclusively): taking massive amounts of self-inflicted damage, generating low cost (or 0 cost) spells and then holding onto them to then use alongside Auctioneer, etc. You have to first fulfil the conditions of the quest, then drop a 5 mana before you can even start doing damage. There are deviations with this strategy, e.g Stealer of Souls, etc., but whatever the case they all rely on completing your quest first and then setting up a win.

Ignite isn’t a fatigue card insofar as its effectiveness doesn’t appear at the end of the game, but rather throughout it. It’s a two mana infinite scaling card that can be discounted easily and functions as an extra failsafe for a class that can already OTK and endlessly neutralise boards. Moreover, with Mage’s absurd card draw it can be cast and then drawn and cast again. Just because it’s single target doesn’t mean it’s not versatile, as a matter of fact it’s absurdly useful in clearing set piece cards and doing extra face damage that cumulates throughout the game.

The fact that it can eventually become a two mana Pyroblast is just the cherry on the cake - the only problem with that analogy is a cake typically has one cherry, not an infinite number of them.

I wound up taking a Druid into fatigue two days ago and got it finally. Both Incanter’s Flows were the bottom 2 cards in my deck so my Auctioneer turns were pretty lackluster.

Got the Antonidas achievement last night with my Fire/Ele build against a Questlock.

I actually don’t know why i still make comparisons on the internet, people are clearly not here to discuss.

Mate, it’s not a question of How much efforts one goes to achieve each. It’s an effect question, hence, the comparison.

The point being made is that If your win con is fatigue, you Lost. As you would from the Warlock Quest. But most wincon aren’t fatigue. Win the game, and the theoretical problem of Ignite achieving theoretically unlimited damage goes away. The warlock Quest by the end of it’s own deck does more damage, faster than Ignite too. Scales infinitely too, huh? For free.

Is It a problem? No. Reality is, the deck is steadily falling because people are winning the games. It’s pretty good against VERY slow jank, and even then, It performs better than Ignite on Mage.

I’ve been playing tons of matches with a deck that specifically digs for Ignite and the tops i got was 10 ignites casts. Over many, several turns. Getting It to pyroblast levels is a pipe dream, not an everyday reality.

1 Like

Because your comparisons are nonsensical. You’re focusing on the effect, but you’re ignoring the broader context. One of Mage’s biggest drawbacks was its proneness to fatigue. Having massive card draw, endless discounts, huge burst, etc. is tolerable if the opponent can have the opportunity to endure it. Historically this was the case: Mages would blow through their entire entire deck and if you miraculously managed to endure it, you won - either through fatigue or their lack of output.

But ignite has completely mitigated that. Not only do Mages no longer suffer fatigue, they get an infinite two mana Pyroblast for good measure. There’s no set up, save the simple inclusion of it in your deck.

If you can’t see the problem in that, then I don’t know what to tell you.

They would have to cast it sequentially all the way up to 10 from 2 to be a pyroblast. If a mage has time to cast 8 ignites, then they deserve it. Unless of course you are adding additional cards to the metric (i.e., spell damage), but then we get back to the point others are making that it’s not necessarily Ignite that’s the issue.

Classes change during time.

Simple as that.

Weakness of ignite is that it’s first card is outright bad and the second is meh.

Sorry but anything below 2 mana deal 3 damage is bad despite of whatever flashy effect.

1 Like

Lmao, a card that removes a whole class’ ability to fatigue while also grating it infinite damage output can never be “weak”, especially when that class can cycle through its entire deck before turn 10 and has historically needed this ceiling to remain balanced. Moreover, it enables easy completion of the quest by virtue of there being so few low-cost fire spells.

Give me a break. Use your critical thinking skills.

But THIS is the problem and has been for a long time. Card draw + mana cheat is the root of this evil.

It’s 100% critical thinking that unless you plan to literally wait your opponent burn you the worse you gonna have to deal with is around 6 mana used and 9 damage done .

Normally less.

A tech for something that never happens still a bad card despite of how much it destroys the game in the very situation it was created for.

1 Like

And immunise your deck from fatigue, and fulfil the hardest three requirements of the quest, and be subject to spell damage increase, and be eligible for mana discount (of which Mage has access to many), and provide infinite spells for late game with Dawngrasp (in your scenario, for 2 mana they will be dealing 8 damage at minimum).

Such a bad “tech card” it’s only in 89% of Mage decks. HuR dUr sO bAd /s

Nah, zero critical thinking skills whatsoever.

Mage decks are tier 5 junk that get sustained higher than it should by incanter’s flow being overpowered.

Sorry to remember you.

Predicted a ton of times that versions of spell mage would be the only mage deck running and everyone on these forums laughed on me.

Here we are…

The fundamental problem here is exactly that devs started to print poop as mage spells rather than actual cards in an attempt to force people on playing more minions to interact with they.

But turns out that when that happens what you wanna do is play even less minions and try to find synergy between your spells.

lmao fire is one of the easiest parts of the quest