Ignite and Southsea Scoundrel bug

Today, I was playing an ignite mage, focusing on the card Ignite.
(2 mana, deal 2, increasing 1 damage everytime cast and shuffled back into the deck)
My opponent was a pirate questline warrior, playing the pirate Southsea Scoundrel.
(4 mana, 5/5, Battlecry: Discover a card in your opponent’s deck. They draw theirs as well.)

The game has entered the stage where I ended my turn with only 3 cards in my deck. 1 Ignite that deals 9, 1 Ignite that deals 4, and a Fire Sale (4 mana, Tradable, Deal 3 damage to all minions) that I just shuffled back into the deck.

It was the opponent’s turn. The warrior played Southsea Scroundel, the game only gave him two discover options (meaning only 1 Ignite and 1 Fire Sale), and he picked the Ignite.
However, the one I drew was a 4 damage Ignite, while he finished me off with a 9 damage Ignite.

I don’t think this is really consistent. Both player should get the same copy by the description of Southsea Scroundel. So I believe it is a bug.
I couldn’t really get a screenshot because I lost when he cast the 9 damage Ignite, but the situation is easy to reproduce.

Thanks in advance for your attention.

Discover effects will not present duplicate options. So the present only two cards to the opponent was correct.

Then when it came to your draw, it searched for the first named card which happen to have different enchantments than the one opponent got.

This may be working correctly or the devs might review it and change its function.

1 Like